+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Barrow

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Think the middle of the pitch is a bit tired of going side to side with very little end result.
    We're the highest league goalscorers in the entire country and drew 5-5 a couple of weeks ago. What do they want, the all-time record!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    We're the highest league goalscorers in the entire country and drew 5-5 a couple of weeks ago. What do they want, the all-time record!?!
    We are joint top but one thing the joint leaders (Stockport) aren't as good as us at is conceding. We have an impressive 53 goals against compared to their miserly 28! Oh and they have lost 5 and we have lost 10 (highest losses in the top 8) That's probably why they look to me (opinion) like they are pissed off working their arse off going side to side.

We are joint top but one thing the joint leaders (Stockport) aren't as good as us at is conceding. We have an impressive 53 goals against compared to their miserly 28! Oh and they have lost 5 and we have lost 10 (highest losses in the top 8) That's probably why they look to me (opinion) like they are pissed off working their arse off going side to side.
    You said we ‘go side to side with very little result’, which to me just makes no sense when we score more than enough goals. Clearly what we do when we have the ball is extremely successful.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    You said we ‘go side to side with very little result’, which to me just makes no sense when we score more than enough goals. Clearly what we do when we have the ball is extremely successful.
    I thought we were talking recent games. They look jaded.

I thought we were talking recent games. They look jaded.
    Our last five games are 1-1, 5-5, 2-4, 3-0 and 5-0. End product from the style of football has definitely not been a problem haha.

I think some players (Bostock being an obvious example) look a bit physically jaded, but that’s more down to a lack of options to ever give him a rest. Also think we looked frustrated at times on Saturday, but think that was coming up against a team who defended both very deep and extremely well. It’s annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Our first home draw of the season, which was probably the right result as they created quite a few chances when we gave the ball away in bad places in the first half.

But my goodness, what a horrible team Barrow and their management were. The foul on Jodi from their No.18 was one of the worst I've seen in a long time. I can understand why the ref gave a yellow, but it was worthy of a red because it was so cynical.

We had a few too many key players not quite on it today - McGoldrick, Crowley and Macca. Bit worried by John Bostock’s form this season - not doing enough either offensively or defensively. Too often takes the safe option and goes backwards rather than trying to make things happen. We’ve got to move the ball more quickly, especially when we have 80% possession.
    Is there a video anywhere of the foul?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Is there a video anywhere of the foul?
    https://x.com/tomhwilliams23/status/1751672199012819045?s=20

Basically we had a 4 on 2 attack, how on earth was that not a red???

He's gone off the boil though. Thought Bostock looked fed up and Didzy looked knackered. Think the middle of the pitch is a bit tired of going side to side with very little end result.
    thought he was our best player in the 1st half , just that there was no outlet for him when he had created space and was looking for a pass !

Referee got the yellow out pretty much instantly. Weird. Also, lots of people saying 'but it wasn't from behind' when it pretty much was.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast