+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awful Scenes Today

Awful Scenes Today

Honestly think we will get a large penalty for the trouble which got out of hand. Thanks to Dan I got my tickets and was right next to it,

When the Dingles got their second goal two supporters jumped up and starting giving it large and that’s how it started. They got absolutely battered from all sides and the problem was the stewards couldn’t get them out as hundreds of West Brom supporters came from no-where. When the Police came idiots of ours starting fighting with the police and it all spilled on to the pitch. Eventually the wolves supporter was carried out and was black and blue and even had part of his coat ripped off. This started the West Brom supporters off in the East Stand who were battling with police and throwing every object you could think of on to the pitch and at the Wolves players.

Turned really nasty and could have quite easily got out of hand. Where we were when it kicked off Bartley had to help his wife and little child out of the stand on to the pitch.

Scenes you don’t want to witness. I really felt sorry for families and small kids in tears especially when the riot police starting hitting individuals with batons.

Not good and think we will be fined heavily as no place for this in football

One never really got to see the scenes you describe al via the TV. These days when stuff like this kicks off the cameras tend to focus on the pitch or they go back to the TV studio so no one really gets a sense of what is actually going on.

Disgraceful! I was more upset by the actions of both sets of certain fans than the fact that we lost the game. Nobody wants to lose to your biggest rivals but to act like animals is just beyond belief. Whoever was involved in this should be banned from football for life. This sort of incident doesn’t do the image of the game, and certainly not our club, any good whatsoever. I’m ashamed.
    As for the actual match, I didn’t think that there was a great deal between the two sides although Wolves did slightly shade it. We need to put the whole sorry affair behind us and concentrate on gaining a play-off place.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Honestly think we will get a large penalty for the trouble which got out of hand. Thanks to Dan I got my tickets and was right next to it,

When the Dingles got their second goal two supporters jumped up and starting giving it large and that’s how it started. They got absolutely battered from all sides and the problem was the stewards couldn’t get them out as hundreds of West Brom supporters came from no-where. When the Police came idiots of ours starting fighting with the police and it all spilled on to the pitch. Eventually the wolves supporter was carried out and was black and blue and even had part of his coat ripped off. This started the West Brom supporters off in the East Stand who were battling with police and throwing every object you could think of on to the pitch and at the Wolves players.

Turned really nasty and could have quite easily got out of hand. Where we were when it kicked off Bartley had to help his wife and little child out of the stand on to the pitch.

Scenes you don’t want to witness. I really felt sorry for families and small kids in tears especially when the riot police starting hitting individuals with batons.

Not good and think we will be fined heavily as no place for this in football
    Hi Al, hope you are well bro

The fella looked more red than black and blue
    They were stupid for giving the big un in the wrong end, but unfortunately you are right we will get punished and I fear the FA live punishing or making an example of clubs like ours

Name:  IMG_5214.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  27.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post

They were stupid for giving the big un in the wrong end, but unfortunately you are right we will get punished and I fear the FA live punishing or making an example of clubs like ours

He was an Albion fan who got battoned

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post

Good thanks BS and great to hear from you. The one in the photo was a West Brom fan from the East End corner that got battened. The Wolves supporter in the Halfords was the one who got hammered as so many idiots were wading in with fists and boots. That’s when our fans starting hitting the police so they drew their batons! Shocking with young kids watching.

Daily Mail screams BLOODY DISGRACE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Evening lads, it's been a while. I thought Albion caused us more trouble in our box than we did in yours over the course of 90 mins. I think the quality proved the difference in the end. The trouble was regrettable but with the demand for tickets, and the money being demanded for such a high level fixture it doesn't surprise me. This is one of the oldest derby's in world football, and one I'd like to see again on a regular basis, preferably in the top division. aGood luck for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Evening lads, it's been a while. I thought Albion caused us more trouble in our box than we did in yours over the course of 90 mins. I think the quality proved the difference in the end. The trouble was regrettable but with the demand for tickets, and the money being demanded for such a high level fixture it doesn't surprise me. This is one of the oldest derby's in world football, and one I'd like to see again on a regular basis, preferably in the top division. aGood luck for the rest of the season.
    Fair play Platter , good summing up .

Didn't see the game but went according to script it would seem. Battling display but lacking quality.
    If no injuries to any players then that may be best result. Griffiths needed a game and over all not to bad a result against a decent Wolves team that appear resurgent. Should stand to us for next week's game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)