+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Some joy to take your minds off todays match

Some joy to take your minds off todays match

A fantastic win today for the England cricket team, by 28 runs after trailing by nearly 200 after first innings. A truly great innings by Ollie Pope, 196, one of, if not the best innings by an England batsman in India, ever! Then, Tom Hartley, on test debut, takes 7 for 62 to destroy India’s second innings. One particular highlight was an amazing run out of an Indian batsman by Ben Stokes. A great day for English cricket.

Also good to see England fans amongst the very passionate India supporters and all very good natured, as all sport should be.

A spinner to boot.

Thoroughly pi55ed off with the nature of the TV coverage. I watched the wickets tumble on BBC text while I did a crossword. On the news I saw two balls, a four from Pope and the winning stumping. Test cricket involving England should not be restricted to certain subscribers.

Here's a link to this historic victory - via TNT sports - even the flippin commentary of the game was covered by Talk sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udxY2JtmwXE

Thanks Phil. Even though they are 'blink and you miss it' highlights I am really grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Thoroughly pi55ed off with the nature of the TV coverage. I watched the wickets tumble on BBC text while I did a crossword. On the news I saw two balls, a four from Pope and the winning stumping. Test cricket involving England should not be restricted to certain subscribers.
    I watched some of it and I am not a subscriber; I do have a firestick, though……….

Bazball is firstly a psychological approach to winning. A never say lose mentality no matter what the opposition scores they will come back at you and chase it down. Why are there so few of these masters in sport who can instill such confidence? Why cant it be done at say West Brom, we could be 4 down at half time and win 5-4? - West Brom playing bazball, eh

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)