+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Queens v The Accies

We are in the third tier of Scottish football but we still can't compete. It must have been soul destroying yesterday for Doherty and Connelly because when they received the ball and looked for support only to find the midfield about half the pitch away sitting just in front of the defence. I can accept defeat if the team has a good go but these constant negative tactics are unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    We are in the third tier of Scottish football but we still can't compete. It must have been soul destroying yesterday for Doherty and Connelly because when they received the ball and looked for support only to find the midfield about half the pitch away sitting just in front of the defence. I can accept defeat if the team has a good go but these constant negative tactics are unacceptable.
    A shambles at home once again - Hamilton looked like a team - Queens looked like a bunch of players who were playing together for the first time and how Bartley can say we played well is - - - -ing unbelievable. I hope we don't reach the play - offs and by a miracle get promoted as very, very few of this current squad are Championship material ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    A shambles at home once again - Hamilton looked like a team - Queens looked like a bunch of players who were playing together for the first time and how Bartley can say we played well is - - - -ing unbelievable. I hope we don't reach the play - offs and by a miracle get promoted as very, very few of this current squad are Championship material ! !
    I think you are correct to suggest that Hamilton looked like a team, - but Queens looked like a bunch of players thrown together for the first time, - and therein lies the crux of the problem, - just what on earth is Marvin doing? These players are full time, and they should know intuitively where each other is.

We lack a captain, - and Brydon will make a good one,- but he is probably too young,, - although worth a punt for now.

I have to also mention Fergusson's poor performance on Saturday, - he continually 'showed' his opposite number where he wanted to go, - but then obliged him by letting him through every time with no challenge. If Marv is looking back at the game, - that should stand out like a sore thumb.

I thought Fergusonn, MacKay & Johnstone looked completely lost on Saturday. I can hardly recall us winning a 50/50 ball. Even Gibson looks out of sorts now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    I thought Fergusonn, MacKay & Johnstone looked completely lost on Saturday. I can hardly recall us winning a 50/50 ball. Even Gibson looks out of sorts now.
    Spot on post that was a pathetic display from the midfielders who coulnae tackle a fish supper especially Ferguson who clearly does not like the physical side of the game - sadly lack a McKenna, Scally, McFarlane type of player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)