+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Same old

Good point Mal. I can't understand that it doesn't matter which league we play in. If ALK are happy to bring in young players who can be sold off later at a profit and that is good enough then a lot of BFC supporters are going to be very disappointed. That we didn't bust a gut to stay in the EPL is beyond belief. I am glad Sinkov that you are watching the financials carefully because there are some mysteries to be solved here.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    At least we'll have the VAR monkey off our backs, it's worth a relegation for that alone.
    I am still searching through our ranks for the £100m player that would emerge this season according to VK in September last year.I dont see any £20m players never mind £100m.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I am still searching through our ranks for the £100m player that would emerge this season according to VK in September last year.I dont see any £20m players never mind £100m.
    Come on CIB be fair to the man - patience is a virtue is a statement that springs to mind.

At present football is like the modern generation it has to be know , success now , superstar players now , spending millions now — it’s just how life is I’m afraid.

For me football is changing so rapidly that a 35-50 million fee is an everyday figure now with bigger clubs so an exceptional 100 million player draws ever closer as a regular occurrence.

We have bought what I’d call potential in most cases so like it’s always been football is a gamble ( the stakes and values are higher ) but the same end results.

As for the players I’d be reluctant to estimate a 100 million as how longs a piece of string and to be fair to VK and Burnley a player may leave us for 60 million and get sold on again for 100million and he’d still be right as he’d be the value he predicted.

As above names are difficult but potential for profit is good across our players

Trafford
    Koleosho Higher
    Odebert
    Foster
    Amdouni

Beyer
    O Shea Lower
    Dakhil

It’s un written really isn’t it as any player can be worth any amount to a team.

I’ve posted before de bruyne and salah were at Chelsea - they had the Premiership s richest spoils and didn’t know it or chose not exploit / use it, now they’re both household names and up at the 100s miliiion figures - so who knows what happens in 5 seasons for example in a players career and how the money to buy them will escalate.

For me I can see progress in Burnley on the pitch and it is improving ( it maybe too late this time - who knows ) but we’ll learn from it and be stronger ( VK will develop players and we’ll become a decent outfit - if the club/ owners / fans stick with him long enough)

No one likes relegation and if you asked VK I bet he’d say we got some things wrong ( we all do that from time to time ) but he’s a winner and I’m sure he’ll have us back if we fail this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I think he had Foster in mind when he said that, his potential is enormous and Vinni has an enormous amount of faith in him. It won't happen this season because of his health issues, but if he could get a run of games, if he could score some goals and if he could grow his confidence, he could be something special. But it's that two letter word innit.........if.

It seems like we are not selling anyone and a deal of sorts brings a young centre back to Turf Moor in Maxine Esteve. Not all bad surely.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It seems like we are not selling anyone and a deal of sorts brings a young centre back to Turf Moor in Maxine Esteve. Not all bad surely.
    We never were selling anyone mon ami, I told you over a month ago that Brownhill to Wolves was bollox and we'd be activating the option to extend his contract. The only other potential sale seemed to be Taylor to Leeds but seeing as Taylor is the only left back we have that was never going to happen either.

If Esteve signs that gives us 6 CBs, is there a limit on the number we can play, or could we play all six and park the bus ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We never were selling anyone mon ami, I told you over a month ago that Brownhill to Wolves was bollox and we'd be activating the option to extend his contract. The only other potential sale seemed to be Taylor to Leeds but seeing as Taylor is the only left back we have that was never going to happen either.

If Esteve signs that gives us 6 CBs, is there a limit on the number we can play, or could we play all six and park the bus ?
    Stan once tried that if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    We’ve been down since before we kicked a ball ,last August. What I and 20,000 others don’t understand, is, why is no one bothered. ?
    I am bothered. This is by far the worst season I have experienced as a Burnley supporter. I started in 1963

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    I am bothered. This is by far the worst season I have experienced as a Burnley supporter. I started in 1963
    benson's 84/85 season wasn't too hot.

If I was Pace the only thing I would be giving Kompany is his P45.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)