+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NUFC vs Villa

I wasn't at that game, it was out of character but clearly planned and I appreciate the lingering bad feeling it caused, I don't really know how it first came about to be honest. Maybe something to do with Shearer being lauded as the man to keep you up when he was a constant thorn in our side as a player.

In the 90's I had great crack with a couple of geordie mates when you were going for the league under Keegan, that was a great team to watch and as a football fan you have to admire it. Same with some other successful clubs who won things playing great football, it's good to see the usual suspects now being given a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    That's exactly it Hughie, but the " few morons" were quite a large group over quite a big concentrated area which held a lot of fans in a big part of the ground.

I would have thought that if they were if they were just a few sporadic nutters then they would have been equally dispersed over the whole ground.

I have no doubt that they exist at all clubs, even our own, but those actions are idiotic and extremely away from the ethics of the game.
    Fair points. It was quite humiliating and unexpected, coming from the Villa fans that day.

Still, our resident Villa guest on here seems quite nice, so maybe times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Fair points. It was quite humiliating and unexpected, coming from the Villa fans that day.

Still, our resident Villa guest on here seems quite nice, so maybe times have changed.
    Aye. I try to take as I find and the Villa lads who come on here are canny. Ordinary blokes, supporing their team.

I mean, I like a bit of generalising along with everybody else-Arsenal fans being whingy, entitled pricks, Liverpool fans being similar and thinking the world owes them a living...that sort of thing.

But, tarring eberyone with the same brush doesn't work when you speak to someone from a rival club and they turn out to be aalreet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye. I try to take as I find and the Villa lads who come on here are canny. Ordinary blokes, supporing their team.

I mean, I like a bit of generalising along with everybody else-Arsenal fans being whingy, entitled pricks, Liverpool fans being similar and thinking the world owes them a living...that sort of thing.

But, tarring eberyone with the same brush doesn't work when you speak to someone from a rival club and they turn out to be aalreet.
    As I said in an earlier post, I used to go to a lot of games at Villa Park in the mid 60's and they were a great bunch then and very knowledgeable. Knew quite a bit about our club, particularly the Mighty Wyn Davies.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)