+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Villa

Well done lads, thoroughly deserved the win and we were just not ourselves for 70mins before Emery woke up to stick Bailey on - we're in a bit of a sticky patch & our way of playing has been sussed. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Well done lads, thoroughly deserved the win and we were just not ourselves for 70mins before Emery woke up to stick Bailey on - we're in a bit of a sticky patch & our way of playing has been sussed. Good luck for the rest of the season.
    Cheers, man. we looked back to our best at times and your lads were off their game a bit. These blips are inevitable-hopefully we're over ours but I've no doubt you'll be back on track soon. At least one of us needs to get inbetween the FFP-immune 6 so good luck to yourselves as well.

Seems we've all got short memories about the 'kin villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Seems we've all got short memories about the 'kin villains.
    Yes, they were well prepared with their banners and whooping with glee when we dropped down.

Impossible to forget.

Watched this morning as I wasn't around to see it live.

Amazing result this doing the double aggregate 8-1 against a very dangerous team at their place. Gordon had a hand in all 3 goals and was a constant threat. I love his directness, great performance by the main man Schar though! Wow, 2 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Nice one mate. Becoming a great admirer of the new Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Yes, they were well prepared with their banners and whooping with glee when we dropped down.

Impossible to forget.
    Nah, I'm over it, man. Life's too short and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Nah, I'm over it, man. Life's too short and all that.
    I agree it was out of character with the majority of them. In fact I lived in the Midlands for three years in the late 60's and went to Villa Park more than anywhere else and got on with the locals well enough but the way that act was organised with the precision it was and the preparation that must have gone into it has always stuck with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I agree it was out of character with the majority of them. In fact I lived in the Midlands for three years in the late 60's and went to Villa Park more than anywhere else and got on with the locals well enough but the way that act was organised with the precision it was and the preparation that must have gone into it has always stuck with me.
    It was hardly classy, but aren’t those things usually just arranged by a few morons and then the rest of crowd tags along just because?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    It was hardly classy, but aren’t those things usually just arranged by a few morons and then the rest of crowd tags along just because?
    That's exactly it Hughie, but the " few morons" were quite a large group over quite a big concentrated area which held a lot of fans in a big part of the ground.

I would have thought that if they were if they were just a few sporadic nutters then they would have been equally dispersed over the whole ground.

I have no doubt that they exist at all clubs, even our own, but those actions are idiotic and extremely away from the ethics of the game.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)