+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third choice Bristol full back signs.

Third choice Bristol full back signs.

Its going to be like watching a hanging, a guillotining, watching the Hood sink, strolling through a slaughter house, eating marzipan, watching Wisbech Town, being in the same room as Gordon Brown, waking up the next day after a night out in the Kremlin, being governed by Labour,.

Someone knocks on your door, and opening it find Myra Hindley there, earth still stuck to her clothes, the day Paddy Rayment signed for United, watching Sophies choice and regarding it as a happy film, listening to the Nuremburg trial tapes, going on holiday to Poland in 1942.

I am of course over stating the case, or am i? Did Horoshima live up to expectations?, yes. Will the Gibbons live up to his name in a footballing way, that equals a nuclear blast, who knows, only time will tell.

Nice to see that you are still being positive about things Frank ,I take it that things haven’t changed much at Utd since I’ve been away?

How long does it take to write an opening post like that,it can’t just flow from your fingers can it,there’s got to be some thought go into it before you write?

Who do you support this month,I thought that Wisbech was your club now but I’m presuming that they aren’t living up to expectations (I haven’t checked) and therefore on your hit list

Chalky

Yes i do have a hit list, if it gets my craw its on. Life in all its forms is imperfect, the possibilities for taking the michael are vast, especially if youve got the technical ability to do it, and i have.

Heres an exercise for you to try, when you see an aquiantance or a friend with a spot on their face, or any less than perfect aspect, point it out and say something, " youve got a spot then". " Not going to fix that then", or point and say " for gods sake".

The effect it would have for me is that it would treat the tedium i feel over everyday life, for you it might be therapuetic, that you will at last venture out into parts of your personality that you havent explored.

I expect some empathy and pity from you, that i was a cambridge fan and am now a wisbbech fan, that i have swapped being burnt at the stake, to drowning in a ducking stool.

Fat chance of that. Your not going to tell me what youve been up to are you, is it a bird?

Why would I make somebody feel bad about themselves by pointing out a blemish on their looks,nobody is perfect Frank,not you,not me,not anyone so people in glass houses etc,anyway I believe in karma and if I was cruel to somebody who was a friend then that friend wouldn’t want to know me for very long would they and I would deserve it,tbh I wouldn’t even act that way to someone that I didn’t really like because who knows what turmoils they are hiding within themselves,try paying them a compliment or say how nice it is to bump into them again and maybe they might pass the good feeling onto the next person that they meet

I will give Wisbech a quick Google and see where they are in the league and get back to you on that

I got into a bit off trouble on another forum (not Carlisle) and it escalated elsewhere where I was known so I decided to take a break away from posting for a while,no point in letting keyboard warriors get you down is there

If Utd changed owners would you go down again and give them your support as you should?

Be nice to the next person that you meet whether you like them or not,you know what the bible says about turning the orher cheek so you know that it would be a good thing

Oh,as for women I’ve given them up,I just like to live a hassle free life nowadays and not have somebody barking orders at me or telling me where I can or can’t go where I want,roll on spring and watching the world go by sitting by the river,the best things in life are free

Just had a look at Wisbechs last game and the result was a 3-4 loss against AFC Mansfield,that must have made an exciting game to watch surely? Last five games are L3,D1 and W1 and sitting 16th in the table,it’s not great but it’s not disastrous,when Utd got promoted you complained about it,even more so when they escaped the drop last season,maybe you are one of life’s downers,a half glass empty person?

I dont know whats going on at Wisbech, the stand is that small that a discussion of the game ensues. One fan said that Wisbech are notoriously a closed shop, no one knows whats going on, ever, even in the distant past. Another said that he offered a large amount of money to the club for nothing in return in the past , just to help team building, and was turned down.

It was like the money was a threat to the owners, and was part of a takeover. Today in the local semi pro leagues, the bigger clubs like Stamford, Skegness etc are full of ex wisbech players, one went to Nuneaton a couple of years ago. If Wisbech get a good player, hes gone overnight.

The owner, for whatever reason, cant hang on to them, that the holy grail is putting them on contract so they cant leave, but he wont.

He cant afford it, or the money is there in his bank account. The most recent disasters have resulted in more youth and development teams being brought into the organisation, something they should have done twenty years ago.

In the old days Wisbech were a big club, big crowds, a southern league team, i played once at the old fenland park, and it has come to this.

In this league Wisbech get the top gates, but are where they are, the previous manager and this one have melt downs on camera about how the players dont give an f, but are they moved on?, no. This manager is useless, but the previous manager was a good one, and the players got him sacked.

The chairman doesnt know the difference, hes useless. The current manager helped get the previous one sacked by saying he was unprofessional, publically, nonsense, this geezer is no where as good as the last one. It takes money to retain good players, where does it go?

Not on the playing side, first team or youth teams. The upshot of this is that being a Wisbech fan is pointless, struggling is permanent. The chairman has said that Wisbech has the potential to be a upper midland division club, the league Carlton is in.

When things go well Wisbech get 300 plus, in a better league that will go up, Wisbech is a big town. Any way as far as your love life is concerned, its NOT over. Being in love, wanting to make it work has a paradox, that boundaries are needed.

Saying no is imperative, pleasing yourself is in any situation is required, saying yes must be sparse, worked for. Your partner will respect you for putting her in her place, and will make things better for both of you.

If you say no and they go its a win, if they care they will accept you for who you are, its a win win. Try it, your expecting your partner to read your mind and then behave in the right way. As for seeing gigs i went to a Ry Cooder concert once, thats about it.

I went to that male singing thing in brum, crooners that went round the world, i was bored stiff, my partner loved it. Concerts are just a wall of electronic noise. The naked ladies thing sounds interesting, can you take close ups with a mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

Saying no is imperative, pleasing yourself is in any situation is required, saying yes must be sparse, worked for. Your partner will respect you for putting her in her place, and will make things better for both of you.
    Now I know that you are having me on with that Frank,there’s not a woman alive that would respect you for “putting her in place” Treat them like a queen and woo them every day that you are with them and not just in the early months of the relationship is a better way to treat a woman

Ry Cooder? That’s a cool artist to go and see and not somebody who I would envisionage you to like,I was expecting you to say some female singer/songwriter from the 70’s or something,how did Wisbech do today,I will just have a look

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    Now,how did Wisbech do today,I will just have a look
    Wisbech won 2-1 but it looks like they was under the cosh for most of the game and that’s what makes football great,nicking three points from a side that played better than you,was you there Frank,what about that 40 yard lob over the keeper,that’s got to be a glorious thing to see surely?

Leave the politics of the club to the others because they are never going to invite you in to give your opinion,get down there or Utd and watch the footy because sometimes there are 40 yard lobs to witness

It was Toby Allen that scored i think he is the divisions top scorer, i was there, and even now i have my head in my hands wondering how it happened. He was the player i mentioned who when crossing a ball hit the half way line.

He cant trap a ball, he has banana feet, hes built like a panzer tank, and overweight, but never uses it, he ducks out of physical challenges. He has no pace, no speed and is almost stationary, when he runs its a sight to see as it hardly happens.

He was in space no help around him, he always lays a ball off, he doesnt want to take resposibility, but could not, and had to take a defender on, lost the ball, and always does, he has no talent. He cant pass, as his hack to the halfway line rather than putting on someones head in the penalty area.

If i were a football manager i would not sign him in any circumstance, apart from scoring he has no use whatsoever, outside the area hes a liability, how he does what he does i dont know, it goes to show how much i dont know.

Hes the type you would sign to finish a team off, an out and out scorer, with no other role than to tap over the line. His celebration is amazing, he crosses his arms like a roman emporer, and blows his chest out, he expects the whole team to come to him to congratulate him, and they do, having run into a corner.

He thinks hes top cat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)