+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Mansfield Town FC 03.02.24 [EFL L2]

Interesting that. I heard Cloughie's interview , emotional after the defeat but said exactly what many fans actually think.
    Officials have a degree of arrogance because they don't have to explain their actions and are largely unaccountable.
    Poor decisions can cost points and jobs and it's good that NC and Dyche have the temerity to say so.
    Others , however, are not taken to task for the comments with Arteta being the best example ?

I have just listened to SMs' Mansfield pre-match interview.
    He sounds a much more confident person than the one who arrived a fortnight ago.

Only Notts player to have scored a first half league goal at Field Mill this century..... Glynn Hurst.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    You might have the football bragging rights over the previous years but that's where your bragging rights stop. Everything else, you lose. Once we win at football then you'll have nothing. That's the reality. Enjoy the game.
    For everything else I lose? Enlighten me. What else? I live in Nottingham if you're trying to compare towns.

This chat is about football anyway, so I'm quite happy with how things are cheers.

I fully realise you don't get points for your ground, but today was a reminder that we are very lucky to have Meadow Lane. Due to our little holiday in the National League I'd forgotten what an utter sh!t tip Field Mill is. A single male and female bog for 1,600 fans where you have to queue 5 minutes and wade through a pool of piss (that's male, the ladies might get better)! The concourse at the back of the stand is so small they had to open gates into the retail park to avoid overcrowding at half time. It's probably fine for 200 Sutton United fans, but I don't know how it gets a H&S certificate when it's sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I fully realise you don't get points for your ground, but today was a reminder that we are very lucky to have Meadow Lane. Due to our little holiday in the National League I'd forgotten what an utter sh!t tip Field Mill is. A single male and female bog for 1,600 fans where you have to queue 5 minutes and wade through a pool of piss (that's male, the ladies might get better)! The concourse at the back of the stand is so small they had to open gates into the retail park to avoid overcrowding at half time. It's probably fine for 200 Sutton United fans, but I don't know how it gets a H&S certificate when it's sold out.
    They'll probably have to cater for fans of Sheffield Wednesday/ Rotherham/Derby next season. How will they cope? Also didn't their owner say they would build a new stand on Bishop Street if they get to League One, what hapens if they build it then they go straight back down as they probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    They'll probably have to cater for fans of Sheffield Wednesday/ Rotherham/Derby next season. How will they cope? Also didn't their owner say they would build a new stand on Bishop Street if they get to League One, what hapens if they build it then they go straight back down as they probably would.
    Sheffield Wednesday and Derby would sell out the whole 8,600 ground capacity if they were given the tickets. The inbreds look highly likely to go up, but the ground and pitch will be a millstone around their neck.

The concourse was a bit tight today with it being a sell out.

I will say that the Jimmy sirrel concourse is even worse and closed up unlike that one. So narrow. Probably why away fans get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Countrywalking View Post
    The concourse was a bit tight today with it being a sell out.

I will say that the Jimmy sirrel concourse is even worse and closed up unlike that one. So narrow. Probably why away fans get it?
    The JS is a nightmare when we bring 4000+. Quite dangerous tbh.

We're fully aware of how **** our ground is. We have our formwr owner to thank for how it was made and we're still suffering from its design.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567