+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Mansfield Town FC 03.02.24 [EFL L2]

Clough has always got our number on this one.He'll just tell his players to get in our faces and it could be embarrasing.

Maynard was always a bit negative away from home when he was at Wealdstone so don't expect anything other than 3 points for the Stags.

We have got to attack them and not sit back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Clough has always got our number on this one.He'll just tell his players to get in our faces and it could be embarrasing.

Maynard was always a bit negative away from home when he was at Wealdstone so don't expect anything other than 3 points for the Stags.

Surely with all the injuries Mansfield seem to have we'll be on the front foot from the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post

If we sit back we'll definitely lose comfortably, if we attack it needs to be a sensible approach by getting the ball in their half quickly then we keep possession and if we can do that their fans will get nervous and on their backs.

Mansfield have signed Tom Nichols from Gillingham, is he any good?

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    No idea. Seems like he's had a pretty decent career. 30 years old - typical Clough signing.

I've only heard good things from Gills and Orient fans. He's always got double digits when well supplied with service. Not guaranteed to start on Saturday, but will surely feature at some point.

If we sit back we'll definitely lose comfortably, if we attack it needs to be a sensible approach by getting the ball in their half quickly then we keep possession and if we can do that their fans will get nervous and on their backs.
    If you attack us, we'll cut through you like butter. Teams we struggle against at home are those who sit back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    If you attack us, we'll cut through you like butter. Teams we struggle against at home are those who sit back.
    Bear in mind we have the most potent strike force in the division. And the worst defence! Would fancy our new lad to start at the back this weekend. if Brindley starts I think you will cut through us like butter. But with your injuries I think this will be a closer derby than usual although I still make Stags comfortable favourites to win.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If you can or could they’re not on there now. Might be on a different parking app?
    I got a place for £3 on the JustPark app - worth checking that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Well we don't know how to defend, so we'll be forced to attack. Enjoy! I think it could be quite a buttery afternoon.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast