+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kelly gone

He's a trier isn't he.

But Kelly has quite literally warmed the bench since we signed him exactly 2 years ago and hasn't been able to get a run in the team under three different coaches. He couldn't even get a game at the beginning of last season after Smudge left. Paul Warne started Conor Washington and even Ogbene as the main striker before Kelly. Does that not tell you anything?

There's no conspiracy going on here. The fact is, he isn't good enough. His all round game isn't good enough. Talented players don't sit on the bench for three seasons running, they get noticed or they force themselves into the team by what they do in training. They get a break of some kind. Sadly, he hasn't been able to do it. And, being the age that he is (28) he has to move on.

I'm very disappointed that things didn't work out for him because he's a likeable character and obviously scored THAT goal at Gillingham. If I'm honest, despite saying the above, I do have this nagging feeling that we could have got more out of him. So why didn't we? And how much of it is down to the club or the player himself?

It'll be interesting to see how many goals he gets for Carlisle and equally interesting to see whether he maintains his fitness because we all know that fitness hasn't been his forte.

Anyway, good luck to him. He'll always be a Millers legend for the goal at Gillingham.

UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    He's a trier isn't he.

But Kelly has quite literally warmed the bench since we signed him exactly 2 years ago and hasn't been able to get a run in the team under three different coaches. He couldn't even get a game at the beginning of last season after Smudge left. Paul Warne started Conor Washington and even Ogbene as the main striker before Kelly. Does that not tell you anything?

There's no conspiracy going on here. The fact is, he isn't good enough. His all round game isn't good enough. Talented players don't sit on the bench for three seasons running, they get noticed or they force themselves into the team by what they do in training. They get a break of some kind. Sadly, he hasn't been able to do it. And, being the age that he is (28) he has to move on.

I'm very disappointed that things didn't work out for him because he's a likeable character and obviously scored THAT goal at Gillingham. If I'm honest, despite saying the above, I do have this nagging feeling that we could have got more out of him. So why didn't we? And how much of it is down to the club or the player himself?

It'll be interesting to see how many goals he gets for Carlisle and equally interesting to see whether he maintains his fitness because we all know that fitness hasn't been his forte.

Anyway, good luck to him. He'll always be a Millers legend for the goal at Gillingham.

UTM.
    Excellent analogy of a loved player.

He's a trier isn't he.

UTM.
    Very good post, Heliospan. Sums it up nicely in my book.

He's a trier isn't he.

UTM.
    Bang on 👏🏻

Paul Warne and Paul Simpson were both similar types of wide players. Let’s hope PS can get the best out of Georgie. How can anyone dislike such an affable guy. I wish him well.

33/1 for Georgie to score 2 or more goals for Carlisle today. Worth a nicker that surely.

He's a trier isn't he.

UTM.
    I had a good conversation with an ex-player of ours recently who does a lot of scouting for various clubs, his verdict on Georgie was exactly the same as you have set out above, his all round game is not good enough and after two years there are no signs of it improving. He went on to say he looks good in 10 minute cameos as he uses as much energy in running around and chasing about as others do in 90 mins. But give him a start, and he can not do this for the full game, and that's when he gets exposed. We have done well to get good money for him.

The doorstep kid is 5/1 to score AAT for Carlisle at Leyton orient today…think I will have a couple of quid on that..!..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    The doorstep kid is 5/1 to score AAT for Carlisle at Leyton orient today…think I will have a couple of quid on that..!..
    He’s not in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    He’s not in the squad

Yeah just seen the line ups,oh well safe to say he won’t be scoring today then..🤣

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast