+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Bad Accident Mexborough By-Pass Tonight

O/T Bad Accident Mexborough By-Pass Tonight

Bad accident tonight on Mexborough by-pass.

I dropped my wife & sister off at the Empress rooms Mexborough tonight at 6.00pm,
    we were waiting for friends, & saw blue flashing lights going up the by-pass from
    the South Yorkshire closed pub, to the Adwick road roundabout.

I picked my wife up at 10pm the bypass road is closed, with police cars blocking
    the by-pass.
    We have heard a pedestrian has been killed crossing the road, at the pedestrian
    crossing top of station road to back of wetherspoons.
    By-pass road still closed.
    One of my wifes old schoolmates was killed at the same crossing a few years ago,
    I know to one other on the crossing also, but could have been more.

Sincere condolences to the family.

Sad to say I know the pedestrian who was killed last night, very well, but won't name him.

A 75 year old man, was hit by 2 cars on the by-pass at Mexborough, a peugeot bipper topee
    & a ford fiesta.
    The 23 year old fiesta driver left the scene, & was later arrested on suspicion of driving
    while unfit through drugs or drink.
    Also arrested on causing death by driving without due care & attention.

The driver of the peugeot remained at the scene of the incident.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 02-02-2024 at 12:27 PM.

So sorry for a life to be lost in such a senseless way , rip to the gentleman and condolences to all his family and friends. I go on that by-pass most days and it is like a racing track at timesand not the 1st time there has been a fatality. It needs a full time camera on there and may be to go to 30mph

Quote Originally Posted by daveeed View Post
    So sorry for a life to be lost in such a senseless way , rip to the gentleman and condolences to all his family and friends. I go on that by-pass most days and it is like a racing track at timesand not the 1st time there has been a fatality. It needs a full time camera on there and may be to go to 30mph
    It's happened before on that crosing near the railway station.

Mind you, the road next to NYS is like a racing track since they got rid of the roundabout, someone is going to get run over there too. Or on Masbrough Street which really needs speedbumps.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's happened before on that crosing near the railway station.

Mind you, the road next to NYS is like a racing track since they got rid of the roundabout, someone is going to get run over there too. Or on Masbrough Street which really needs speedbumps.
    Yep & not that far from the cop shop.Sorry my condolences to the man’s family at Mexborough. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Yep & not that far from the cop shop.
    Not to mention people parking on that grass verge and driving off and on it from the pavement.

According to a witness driver nearly hit by them minutes earlier the can and van were racing... happens every night on that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    According to a witness driver nearly hit by them minutes earlier the can and van were racing... happens every night on that road.
    Looking at where the accident was, other than the crossing playing a part it wouldn’t surprise me if the “ modified” junction that used to serve the demolished bridge is part of the police investigation.

After the sad news of the death of a pedestrian last week, on the Mexborough by-pass.

The person who died was 75 year old Terence Tuby, who was a stalwart of the Tuby Funfair Family,
    the family having run fair-grounds for over 150 years.

RIP Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    After the sad news of the death of a pedestrian last week, on the Mexborough by-pass.

The person who died was 75 year old Terence Tuby, who was a stalwart of the Tuby Funfair Family,
    the family having run fair-grounds for over 150 years.

RIP Terry.
    Yep. Just walking home 50 yards after his pint in the Spoons. He had been debating whether to have another...😥