+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sophie's Choice

Sophie's Choice

If it is true and it comes to pass that we need to sell one of our big 3 Botman, Bruno or Isak who would you sell and why?

Botman needs to stay.

Tonali could be a ready replacement for Bruno and Bruno feels like he could get a Real Madrid or Barca move.

I think I’d reluctantly have to go with Isak mainly due to his injury record. But not to Arsenal.

Isak, we can't afford his glass legs.

I dont know how exactly FFP works, but will Isak sale make an impact with him being bought for 80mills?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    If it is true and it comes to pass that we need to sell one of our big 3 Botman, Bruno or Isak who would you sell and why?

Botman needs to stay.

Tonali could be a ready replacement for Bruno and Bruno feels like he could get a Real Madrid or Barca move.

I think I’d reluctantly have to go with Isak mainly due to his injury record. But not to Arsenal.
    Personally, I would rather we sold Tonali and kept the other 3, he hasn’t impressed me one bit for the money we paid. Maybe the gambling issue hanging over his head didn’t help, after all only he knew about it! If we see an improvement next season then I will eat humble pie but that’s how I see it now.

It is indeed Sophie's choice.

To enable us to build it'd have to be Isak but only because of his inability to stay fit for any length of time. The choice would've been almost impossible had Isak been a near ever present.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post
    It is indeed Sophie's choice.

To enable us to build it'd have to be Isak but only because of his inability to stay fit for any length of time. The choice would've been almost impossible had Isak been a near ever present.
    I think Isaak would be a different proposition if he was bulked up into the physique of a traditional striker.

To my mind he's of a bit too "dainty" of a build to rough it up front. I know having said that adding a bit more weight may affect his game and speed of motion, but at the same time it would protect him on the ball and allow him to hold his own in the battle.

Our big problem with FFP is that we have no saleable assets from before the new owners came in.

Meaning, despite what the media were saying about selling one of our top players, as i understand how ffp goes they’re 2 or 3 years in to 4 or 5 year contract meaning whatever we make from them would only about 50% would go towards our FFP compliance… so not the best to let go to give us spending power this window.

Only one worth selling would be Ashley’s parting gift, Big Joe who is too important to let go from a midfield that needs his athleticism and bite.

Other than that, can’t see anything more than 2 or 3 mil for anyone surplus to requirements.

Glad we stuck with who we have and save the pennies for close season.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I think Isaak would be a different proposition if he was bulked up into the physique of a traditional striker.

To my mind he's of a bit too "dainty" of a build to rough it up front. I know having said that adding a bit more weight may affect his game and speed of motion, but at the same time it would protect him on the ball and allow him to hold his own in the battle.
    I think you're about spot on.

Thought Phoney was talking **** there.

I'd be for selling Tonalli and keeping the 3 proven entities. We've been shafted with him and until he proves himself, along with toe job Barnes they are the ones to go first.

Porrn the starred out word.😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)