+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best first eleven after the transfer window

Best first eleven after the transfer window

We signed more players than I was expecting in the transfer window. Once the new signings have had chance to bed in, I'm wondering what our strongest first eleven will be?

I honestly have no idea how good the new signings are. The only one I feel fairly confident about being an improvement on what we've already got is Warner, who I'd like to see come in at RCB.

Personally don’t think it’s a million miles away from the team we put out on Saturday (excluding Palmer for now), but the squad as a whole looks very strong as we’ve signed at least one player in all areas so hopefully there’ll be more options to change it up.

Will be the first time for a while on Saturday that multiple (fit and available) senior pros don’t make the squad.

Stone (not seen the new GK so unfair to comment)

Warner Baldwin Cameron

Nemane Robertson Bostock Jones

Crowley McGoldrick

Langstaff

Subs: Ashby-Hammond; Brindley/Macari; Chicksen; Colkett; O’Brien; Austin; Jatta.

Others: Slocombe, Rawlinson, Brindley/Macari, Adebayo, Randall, Morais, Scott (potentially back end of season).

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Personally don’t think it’s a million miles away from the team we put out on Saturday (excluding Palmer for now), but the squad as a whole looks very strong as we’ve signed at least one player in all areas so hopefully there’ll be more options to change it up.

Will be the first time for a while on Saturday that multiple (fit and available) senior pros don’t make the squad.

Stone (not seen the new GK so unfair to comment)

Warner Baldwin Cameron

Nemane Robertson Bostock Jones

Crowley McGoldrick

Langstaff

Subs: Ashby-Hammond; Brindley/Macari; Chicksen; Colkett; O’Brien; Austin; Jatta.

Others: Slocombe, Rawlinson, Brindley/Macari, Adebayo, Randall, Morais, Scott (potentially back end of season).
    I would change one position, Baldwin on the right and Warner in the middle, which is were he plays for his club.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    but the squad as a whole looks very strong as we’ve signed at least one player in all areas so hopefully there’ll be more options to change it up.

Happy to see we have strengthened across all areas.

As you say, the squad looks better now, as we have struggled a bit with squad depth recently.

We could even drop Macca back again in Didsy's position, and have Jatta up top.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    We could even drop Macca back again in Didsy's position, and have Jatta up top.
    Yeah, that's always an option.
    We have little idea yet how much SM is ready to deviate from his main set-up. LW started every league game with the back 3/5 and the only variation was to play a midfield diamond sometimes instead of the box.
    Might there be a 2 up front option with Maca and Jatta?

.................Stone...................

Macari....Baldwin.....Werner.....Cameron

Nemane....Bostock....Robertson..... Jones

....................Crowley..................

...................Macca.......................

Very interesting. I was honestly not sure if Notts are building a squad or looking to slot 3-4 into the first team. Durhampies's 11 for example is similar to the current first team. Maybe looking to improve the subs bench.

I think the new players will enable us to rotate, Langstaff can have a break for a game or two for instance now where as he's playing the full 90 mins

How long have we to wait for Palmer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast