+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best first eleven after the transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think the new players will enable us to rotate, Langstaff can have a break for a game or two for instance now where as he's playing the full 90 mins
    Why would we want Macca to have a break? He plays the full 90 mins and seems to have as much energy all the way through. If he's fit, he's in would be what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    How long have we to wait for Palmer?
    Next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Very interesting. I was honestly not sure if Notts are building a squad or looking to slot 3-4 into the first team. Durhampies's 11 for example is similar to the current first team. Maybe looking to improve the subs bench.
    There wasnt much wrong with the side to start with, just a couple of minor alterations inc the format... Revert to a 4 4 2 with proper fullbacks .
    That would still allow us to keep our attacking options, with Nemane and Jones playing in their natural wing positions. There is no place in the starting eleven for McGoldrick, as his legs have gone and he would be ideal to come off the bench later in the game,,

McGoldrick has 11 league goals and 4 assists, plus numerous pieces of sheer brilliance earlier in moves that led to goals this season.

His goals alone at current rates of baggage should see him up to at least 17/18 across the season.

Think I'm right in saying that since McParland's 21 goals in 87/88, only Gary Jones (97/98), Stall (02/03) and Lee Hughes (09/10) scored more than 20 league goals in a single season until Macca last season.

Decent effort with whatever's left of his legs. Think he can have another game or three for my money.

Warner, Jatta and Cameron back 3 for me 😂

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    There wasnt much wrong with the side to start with, just a couple of minor alterations inc the format... Revert to a 4 4 2 with proper fullbacks .
    That would still allow us to keep our attacking options, with Nemane and Jones playing in their natural wing positions. There is no place in the starting eleven for McGoldrick, as his legs have gone and he would be ideal to come off the bench later in the game,,
    Problem with 442 is many teams put 3 in midfield now and you just get overran with 2 in there and that’s where you need to win the battle.
    As for Mcgoldrick don’t be daft.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why would we want Macca to have a break? He plays the full 90 mins and seems to have as much energy all the way through. If he's fit, he's in would be what I want.
    Palmer played every 90 mins then broke down with an ACL injury... That is why you give players a break

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Problem with 442 is many teams put 3 in midfield now and you just get overran with 2 in there and that’s where you need to win the battle.
    As for Mcgoldrick don’t be daft.
    442 has 4 in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    How long have we to wait for Palmer?
    August!!

Anyone watch Liverpool the other night and the matches last night? All teams were 442.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast