+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belgium VAR error

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I wonder if the English FA will ever have the balls to force a replay if challenged by a court decision? Thing is these cases will cost thousands in legal fees.
    As litigious as the USA is I've never heard of any sporting game being replayed due to referee/video referee error so there must be some watertight paperwork that can be put in place to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As litigious as the USA is I've never heard of any sporting game being replayed due to referee/video referee error so there must be some watertight paperwork that can be put in place to prevent it.
    So can we expect this to happen in future games in the English game?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So can we expect this to happen in future games in the English game?
    I doubt it. Sports have survived all over the world with contentious decisions being made every single day by officials (even corrupt ones) and forced replays have been few and far between. I doubt this Belgium decision will start a domino effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Are you raginpup in disguise.
    Oooohhh, stick a factchecker up yer arse!

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    But VAR wasn’t at fault, it was not applying the existing rule correctly. All VAR did was prove that players from both teams had encroached into the penalty area. Inefficient officials yet again.
    The VAR official has to at fault though pip, he has either told the ref that the player following up the penalty who scored, was encroaching but not mentioned the 2 players from the other team who were encroaching, or he has told the ref about all the players who were encroaching and the officials collectively applied the rules wrongly. Considering all the officials are wired up and can all hear what's being said, if the VAR official mentioned all players that encroached then surely you'd expect one of them to say the penalty needs retaking as it states in the rules. However, to replay the game is a very dangerous precedent to set IMO. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That’s why I think it didn’t get a lot of traction,otherwise it would have been all over the place,tbh until pip posted it I didn”t even know the case taking place and outcome…there was game here it was Newcastle at home forget the opponents Keith Stroud didn’t interpret the rules correctly,no on var then but fully exposed on tv,it was a similar kind of mistake.there was clamour for a rematch but there was something that said it couldn’t in those circumstances.i will try and find it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12