+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pre Match Anthem Chosen

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    When I was young my father said
    Son I have something to say
    And what he told me I'll never forget
    Until my dying day
    He said son you are a Rotherham fan
    And that's the way to stay
    Happy to be a Rotherham fan
    Until your dying day
    Or in today's woke world, child abuse

editing software or an app?
    Do you think John Lennon was brought back from dead for the latest Beatles song.
    No, but do you think Rotherham United will go to those lengths on a Friday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    No, but do you think Rotherham United will go to those lengths on a Friday afternoon?
    They've been doing nothing these past 4 weeks (according to some on here) so have had plenty of time to do a bit of audio editing

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Nope, but not sure I set a date.
    Like I said think it will be played a few times, and they'll cave to the silence in the stands and moaning on socials, and move on the the next song.

They could do an updated version of Millermen, and replace references to Millmoor with NYS / New York Way.

Forgive me for being a killjoy and nowt against the song, but i think this may have been better doing at a start of a season when hopes are high (hopefully). I may be wrong but i just dont see anybody joining in with this this season,apart from the usual lot, when fans turn up and are expecting us to lose. I could be wrong and hope I am.

They could do an updated version of Millermen, and replace references to Millmoor with NYS / New York Way.
    You mean like this?

Roly makes perfect sense, at least then they could try it out in the friendlies first.
    They could have even tried a different song at different friendly games, then vote on it.

[QUOTE=CAMiller;40440756]You mean like this?

Yep, though we'd have to change the lyric 'join in the happy band', unless its meant to be ironic.

"Cliff Richard’s track narrowly beat locally-produced Millermen"
    I wonder how many voted in total?
    Last edited by fc_miller; 02-02-2024 at 05:14 PM.

Also the use of cliff richard is not totally a daft idea because although we won't have the great man himself (though dafter things have happened) we need some one to lead it rather than just blasting it out over the tannoy.

Here's a mad idea. This would need a bit of orchestration. How about asking each stand to sing it as a competition encouraging loudness then having all sing together. It would be equivalent of the cupping of the ear and saying i can't hear you.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast