+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wonder why nobody came in for Viktor

I wonder why nobody came in for Viktor

I assume no bids,have we priced him out of the market,are they all waiting for end of season.

Unless anyone feels he could be influential over their last ~20 games (save relegation/secure promotion) then there in no upside to signing him now rather than waiting until the summer. I doubt his stock will go any higher, he's already regarded as one of the 'top' Championship GKs despite having let in the most goals.

I've a sneaky feeling (from what my stable lad's stable lad has said) that a number of clubs did put in 'feeler' bids for him and were politely told to go away and reconsider.

His phone was confiscated three weeks ago, and at 23.01 hours they handed it back to him.
    So there may have been a lot of interest and offers but unless the player is familiar with negotiations it ain’t happening
    That is according to Leam

Laughable isn’t it?

Many in this board criticise the club for selling players cheaply.

Maybe in Viktor’s case the club did ask for a reasonable fee and this is the result

Maybe, just maybe

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Unless anyone feels he could be influential over their last ~20 games (save relegation/secure promotion) then there in no upside to signing him now rather than waiting until the summer. I doubt his stock will go any higher, he's already regarded as one of the 'top' Championship GKs despite having let in the most goals.

I've a sneaky feeling (from what my stable lad's stable lad has said) that a number of clubs did put in 'feeler' bids for him and were politely told to go away and reconsider.
    Has my lad been freelancing? Two hat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Laughable isn’t it?

Many in this board criticise the club for selling players cheaply.

Maybe in Viktor’s case the club did ask for a reasonable fee and this is the result

Maybe, just maybe
    Grist, what is wrong with us finally digging our heels in and saying 'No thanl you' if it's derisory offers made for such an outstanding keeper?

Well done the club if what CAM's posted has any weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, what is wrong with us finally digging our heels in and saying 'No thanl you' if it's derisory offers made for such an outstanding keeper?

Well done the club if what CAM's posted has any weight.
    None at all Brin

Just pointing out that the club is in a “ damned if they do, damned if they don’t” position

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    None at all Brin

Just pointing out that the club is in a “ damned if they do, damned if they don’t” position
    Yes pal I get that but isn't nice for a change not to let a substantial player go a few groats and a bag o' corn?

Perhaps he wanted to stay and see the season out at least? Who knows, but glad he has stayed with us at least until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_bukaroo View Post
    Perhaps he wanted to stay and see the season out at least? Who knows, but glad he has stayed with us at least until the summer.
    I'm sure Viktor has an agent. Now we all know agents can be very greedy as to 'what's in it for them'. The main thing that struck me was Viktor putting pen to paper last time when he did. You have to ask why when he did, when he could have just run his contract down like most Millers players have in the past and signed on elsewhere with a substantial fee in his back pocket.

To show totally loyalty to us, but probably with a clause in his contract to leave if it was met, was an absolute joy for all concerned with the club, what a true professional. Yes he could have been bought out and left but, left the club with a nice return on his remaining contract.

No club has now come in for him so what's next going forward? Extend his weekly wage for total loyalty hoping to convince him to sign another contract? Whatever, this man needs looking after if only for his loyalty, but moreover his fantastic ability as a keeper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast