+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I wonder why nobody came in for Viktor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_bukaroo View Post
    Perhaps he wanted to stay and see the season out at least? Who knows, but glad he has stayed with us at least until the summer.
    I'm sure Viktor has an agent. Now we all know agents can be very greedy as to 'what's in it for them'. The main thing that struck me was Viktor putting pen to paper last time when he did. You have to ask why when he did, when he could have just run his contract down like most Millers players have in the past and signed on elsewhere with a substantial fee in his back pocket.

To show totally loyalty to us, but probably with a clause in his contract to leave if it was met, was an absolute joy for all concerned with the club, what a true professional. Yes he could have been bought out and left but, left the club with a nice return on his remaining contract.

No club has now come in for him so what's next going forward? Extend his weekly wage for total loyalty hoping to convince him to sign another contract? Whatever, this man needs looking after if only for his loyalty, but moreover his fantastic ability as a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I'm sure Viktor has an agent. Now we all know agents can be very greedy as to 'what's in it for them'. The main thing that struck me was Viktor putting pen to paper last time when he did. You have to ask why when he did, when he could have just run his contract down like most Millers players have in the past and signed on elsewhere with a substantial fee in his back pocket.

To show totally loyalty to us, but probably with a clause in his contract to leave if it was met, was an absolute joy for all concerned with the club, what a true professional. Yes he could have been bought out and left but, left the club with a nice return on his remaining contract.

No club has now come in for him so what's next going forward? Extend his weekly wage for total loyalty hoping to convince him to sign another contract? Whatever, this man needs looking after if only for his loyalty, but moreover his fantastic ability as a keeper.
    I don't think he's desperate to get away, I think for the moment he enjoy getting more action than he'd get at a club higher up, but will still want to go at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I don't think he's desperate to get away, I think for the moment he enjoy getting more action than he'd get at a club higher up, but will still want to go at the end of the season.
    Good point and a level view of the situation.