+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town FC 03.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I cant agree with us not breaking them down enough today, we had more than enough big chances in the first half to be out of sight, players being profligate can hardly be blamed on SM. But I absolutely agree that we looked horrendous going forward against barrow and in the second half today, its giving me terrible flashbacks of Burchnall's infamous bandwagon...
    IB was average to poor

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    All we hear about is Richard Montague " who sits on our board and is head of recruitment "
    True but he isn’t the money man and we have got a new striker in Jatta.

We have signed five players so you can’t really complain whether they are good enough is other matter and we can’t say yet as not seen them in enough games but Robertson looks to be getting better and Warner was good today.

All we hear about is Richard Montague " who sits on our board and is head of recruitment "
    Either they trust him more than they think they could do with any manager, or he ultimately answers to them.

Still, early days, Gillingham is a big one now though, lose that and we lose our play off place.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I cant agree with us not breaking them down enough today, we had more than enough big chances in the first half to be out of sight, players being profligate can hardly be blamed on SM. But I absolutely agree that we looked horrendous going forward against barrow and in the second half today, its giving me terrible flashbacks of Burchnall's infamous bandwagon...
    Thanks for insight BC , I am only going on results today as had to work but did see Barrie game and will be there for Gill's,. Hopefully SM proves me wrong.

Our away record is desperate since Gillingham in October. Need to turn it round very quickly as it's currently relegation form.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Think Maynard may be out of his depth unfortunately! Although not helped by the complete lack of attacking options on the bench. Whoever signed Morias needs sacking. He was injured when we bought him and has pretty much been injured ever since. Not that he's offered a great deal when he's made his breif appearences!!

Mid table finish is looking odds on at the moment
    Not sure how a manager can be considered out of his depth after merely two games, botg against teams above us, and with the team on an evident slide before he even arrived🤷*♂️ if we're going by that metric, LW would've been considered out of his depth after we picked up 5 points from our first 4 games last season, and look how that ended up. Coming in during the middle of the season was never going to be easy and SM has to be given time.

Middle table is about right for us anyway looking at the squad, we may have a great attack, probably too good for the league, but our midfield is distinctly average with Palmer and our defence would struggle in the NL so it kind of equates out to a mid table finish.

Thanks for insight BC , I am only going on results today as had to work but did see Barrie game and will be there for Gill's,. Hopefully SM proves me wrong.
    I hope he proves all of his doubters wrong, not only for the sake of the club but because he seems like a great bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    We were average today against an average but effective side.

Crap game. Mansfield celebrating like they’ve won the World Cup.

Draw probably fair today. Ref bottled it.

They should be made to play on a local park if they can’t produce a pitch worthy of the football league.
    I enjoyed this post. Because we know for a fact that if Notts had won, you'd have just shrugged your shoulders and walked off to the car.

For the first season back in L2 mid table is fine, that would have been the case with either SM or LW

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Our away record is desperate since Gillingham in October. Need to turn it round very quickly as it's currently relegation form.
    That's now 7 away without a win. In the relegation season (2018/19) the worst away sequence was 9 without a win but there were 3 draws among them, we've just lost 6 and drawn 1.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast