+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town FC 03.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Clough is full of sh1t. And running scared after a 3 seasons without promotion.

Could be argued that Flitcroft was a better manager for them, he finished 4th, Clough's best so far is 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    Fine margins, innit. The woodwork, the penalty shout, the ref actually penalising yellow card offences in the first half, maybe very different game.
    Yes, disappointing result in the end, but maybe some longer-term positives emerging in that we're looking a bit more defensively solid than we did before. On another day we could have got a couple of goals and won, but the rub of the green wasn't with us. If we concede no more than one goal each game - nil being the preference obviously! - than on most days the goal power we've got in the team will get us a win or a draw at least.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I didn't go to the game but watched it on I follow. I think some of the comments are harsh on Notts. Could have had 2 or 3 in the first half but ran out of steam in the second half. This was a tough run of games for a new man to come into and now after 2 he's out his depth. As others have pointed out LW was going backwards then he left so would he have been out his depth by two one goal losses in the last 2 games?

Teams find other teams out, we were bound to run up against teams working out how to stop us especially against the top of the table games. Once you take out our attack then yes the rest of the team is probably mid table especially playing under par as they have been doing lately probably due to tiredness as we have alot of injuries. Added to that the driving force for our team has been out all season. We aren't going to spend loads of money and are building a squad this takes time.

Mansfield have been in this league EIGHT seasons and therefore have built a dangerous and combative squad which includes probably the best centre back in the league. We have been in it EIGHT months yet still have a good account of ourselves and on another day could have won.

I think all this talk of managers out their depth, crap recruitment, mid table being terrible isn't fair judging on how we're working and time spent working on it. We'd all like to go up but we're still in course for the playoffs and have players coming in getting ready to go into the team/squad.

Scamps - All the best to you and I'm sure you're a multi millionaire, congratulations. The thing is your fans are ungracious and often downright obnoxious. They come on here giving it the biggun when, as above, you've been building a squad for years and years so I would expect you to win, wouldn't you? Well done though on winning a tight game. The ref was terrible and weak, Cargill must have committed over 15 fouls, didn't even get booked. This was worse as the ref last week at the Barrow game was equally as weak and entitled. Maybe something your manager might agree with. Also you must realise that some listened to the Mansfield commentary team, as did I. It was hard work and you'd have felt the same the other way round. All in all it was a good game. Hope not to see you come on here again being "salty" as obviously that's above you.
    Well i obviously wont have to come on here again for a few years ,not whilst you are hiring managers from the bargain basement ,you got lucky with signing that striker from non league though he was non existent again against a good team you should cash in on him sooner rather than later before everybody realises he does nowt against a decent team anyway anyway enjoy your season all in all not been too bad for a newly promoted non league side

Quote Originally Posted by Scamps View Post
    Well i obviously wont have to come on here again for a few years ,not whilst you are hiring managers from the bargain basement ,you got lucky with signing that striker from non league though he was non existent again against a good team you should cash in on him sooner rather than later before everybody realises he does nowt against a decent team anyway anyway enjoy your season all in all not been too bad for a newly promoted non league side
    Assuming you've been promoted already is a bit risky considering your history for bottling it on a regular basis.

You're probably one of those new fans who only started this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Assuming you've been promoted already is a bit risky considering your history for bottling it on a regular basis.

Still got my ticket stub from the west ham game 1969

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Oh or do you mean one of your new mob wait till forest increase their capacity they will soon disappear

Oh or do you mean one of your new mob wait till forest increase their capacity they will soon disappear
    When are they doing that?? More chance of your lot building a 4th stand

[QUOTE=OP67;40442681]When are they doing that?? More chance of your lot building a 4th stand [/QUOTEjust think when we do and then you wont have owt to criticize us for ,bearing in mind my postcode was ng2 i think i know enough about notts

[QUOTE=Scamps;40442696]
    Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    When are they doing that?? More chance of your lot building a 4th stand [/QUOTEjust think when we do and then you wont have owt to criticize us for ,bearing in mind my postcode was ng2 i think i know enough about notts
    You know about something because of your postcode? Jesus? Perhaps yours groundsman could live in a postcode where they know how to grow grass rather than Skegness?

Still got my ticket stub from the west ham game 1969
    I've still kept things my grandad gave me.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast