+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town FC 03.02.24 [EFL L2]

Very frustrating to say the least
    Positives- Baldwin Robertson and Didzy second half. Thought Stone played ok too.

Negatives - Cameron is terrible, how he gets in the team let alone captain amazes me. He's not captain material anyway
    Bostock was absent again, looked off the pace and his challenging was weak

Jones looked dangerous without actually being dangerous.
    Nemane was not effective on the left
    Macca drifted through the game
    Warner looks a player but made a lot of poor headed clearances

Ref was poor again. Fouls on Jones unpunished
    Looked a penalty on Macca. Was influenced too much by the crowd

Midfield is the problem area for me. I'm a big fan of Bostock but he needs dropping now after the last 4 or 5 performances

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    For the first season back in L2 mid table is fine, that would have been the case with either SM or LW
    Surely we should have more ambition than well mid table is great?

Results against other sides at the top so far wouldn't give me much hope in the play offs, if we managed to hang on to a top 7 place.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Surely we should have more ambition than well mid table is great?
    As supporters we want promotion, but the for the owners they are new to L2 , and it will take them time to realise what players are needed for a promotion challenge , which as i have said previously will materialise over a 2 or 3 year period.
    As frustrating as it is, we just have to be patient , success does not happen in a straight line

Miserable day once again, just didn't happen at the right end and as usual we give them time and space to score... having more of the ball means little when we do nothing with it, still hanging on to 7th which with our form lately is staggering, onwards and upwards I suppose, if you offered me this position at the start of the season I would of snapped your hand off so have to be positive 😀

The usual Field Mill experience. Shed of a ground. Pitch was awful. More sand down that right hand side than on Skeg beach. Stewards who have no idea what to do apart from putting their hands on fans.

We were bang average verging on poor at times. The switch with JJ and AM didn’t work at all and was really surprised he persisted after half time.

Ref was rubbish and looked a penalty to me, but we can’t use that as an excuse.

We looked like we had no bite in all the areas of the pitch.

Baldwin was up for it today and even though we had a couple of his usual brain farts, he tackled well and covered a lot of ground and kept the score down.
    Horrible game for Warner to debut in. Felt for him.

Bostock has gone missing totally now and we need to give him a break. Thought Robertson was better today. Probably the only one of the midfield/attack that was willing to put his foot in.

Jones can not cross from the right side.

Aggression was the winner today and we didn’t have enough of it. They play to frustrate, but also to be aggressive and it works for them.
    We play to go slow…almost walking pace for a large majority of it…and play pretty passes, but when the pitch is so poor and players aren’t in form, we look like we’re lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    Very frustrating to say the least
    Positives- Baldwin Robertson and Didzy second half. Thought Stone played ok too.

Negatives - Cameron is terrible, how he gets in the team let alone captain amazes me. He's not captain material anyway
    Bostock was absent again, looked off the pace and his challenging was weak

Jones looked dangerous without actually being dangerous.
    Nemane was not effective on the left
    Macca drifted through the game
    Warner looks a player but made a lot of poor headed clearances

Ref was poor again. Fouls on Jones unpunished
    Looked a penalty on Macca. Was influenced too much by the crowd

Midfield is the problem area for me. I'm a big fan of Bostock but he needs dropping now after the last 4 or 5 performances
    Yes got to agree about Cameron and Bostock, Bostock looked like he was not really interested again.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    The usual Field Mill experience. Shed of a ground. Pitch was awful. More sand down that right hand side than on Skeg beach. Stewards who have no idea what to do apart from putting their hands on fans.

We were bang average verging on poor at times. The switch with JJ and AM didn’t work at all and was really surprised he persisted after half time.

Ref was rubbish and looked a penalty to me, but we can’t use that as an excuse.

We looked like we had no bite in all the areas of the pitch.

Baldwin was up for it today and even though we had a couple of his usual brain farts, he tackled well and covered a lot of ground and kept the score down.
    Horrible game for Warner to debut in. Felt for him.

Bostock has gone missing totally now and we need to give him a break. Thought Robertson was better today. Probably the only one of the midfield/attack that was willing to put his foot in.

Jones can not cross from the right side.

Aggression was the winner today and we didn’t have enough of it. They play to frustrate, but also to be aggressive and it works for them.
    We play to go slow…almost walking pace for a large majority of it…and play pretty passes, but when the pitch is so poor and players aren’t in form, we look like we’re lost.
    Thank you for the match report, for those of us that luckily couldn't be there. Let's hope the new lad in midfield is in next week and bostock out. I would also drop Cameron and put in macari and give macca a rest if jatta is available

I never go to Mansfield to watch Notts as we always lose for some reason, I did go once with my Dad though but that was in the 80,s lol

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Yes got to agree about Cameron and Bostock, Bostock looked like he was not really interested again.
    Bostock has been like that for ages now, playing like he's better than he is and like he's invincible and knows we can't drop him because he haven't got anyone to replace him with, which is unfortunately true.

It's the same with Cameron too, needs dropping but without another left footed centre back im not sure if we can. A back three of macari, Baldwin and Warner would be my choice but I can't see it happening.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast