+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And that was the tactic for yesterday’s game. A starting lineup that’s designed to frustrate, get to 80 or so minutes and then use subs to see if we could snaffle goal and get a home win.

That idea went out of the window with some dodgy defending leading to an early goal. A plan B was then needed which we didn’t have.

Our chances were limited with 1 up front ( should that be a half up front) midfielders petrified to play a forward pass and basically too many players wanting to hide and not wanting to commit to a battle.

One thing is for sure, yesterday’s tactics and performances didn’t do much for those considering scrapping their season tickets
    I accept they were two different games in different eras but the requirement to take the game to the opposition and at least try and get back into it doesn’t change in my view. Even at 0-2 get a lucky deflection and a dodgy penalty, put them under some kind of pressure. We would probably have still lost but give it a go. Far too easy for Soton.

I’d actually employ the same tactics vs Leeds to stop a demoralising cricket score but from then on we need to see something better than what’s being served up. It’s gone on for too long now and it’s predictable.

Paul Davies only gave Kioso 6 in the Advertiser players ratings from yesterday probably cause he won't give him an interview! Gave Peltier 7 strange!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Derby you don't see crowds reaction by not being there. Near end of 1st half after they had carved us open again should have scored on my row some left I never seen them come back. A few fans were stood up just behind our managers dugout ranting. Under stand at half time was subdued to say the least. Sad being there at this present time.
    I will be there next game so i can see for myself. It is different being at a match to watching on TV, but there are pros and cons both ways. i am glad I wasn't at the game because i think i would have been thrown out for all the abuse i was shouting at Hugill here at home, he has to be one of the laziest Cf i have seen for a long time, not in the same class as Smudge was in his final season with us.

We gave them the game before a ball was kicked and that is not only stupid it is disrespectful for the fans and the players alike.

11 behind the ball is a disgrace at home even against the the best teams in the league you still have to try and win the game.

Very very poor from the manager and I am ashamed of that performance

Two hundred million pounds worth of talent on show from Southampton yesterday, that’s what I was told yesterday and some of our fans think we should go toe to toe with them . Fans criticise the manager but no criticism for the chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    We gave them the game before a ball was kicked and that is not only stupid it is disrespectful for the fans and the players alike.

11 behind the ball is a disgrace at home even against the the best teams in the league you still have to try and win the game.

Very very poor from the manager and I am ashamed of that performance
    Great choice in my book and means we are now shopping at a higher level than we have previously. Get ready for some tactics that actually suit us for a change.

Do you remember posting that BigladonOS?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Great choice in my book and means we are now shopping at a higher level than we have previously. Get ready for some tactics that actually suit us for a change.
    Everyone gets it wrong now and again and he got it dead wrong yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Our saving grace is most of this rubbish won't be here come next season. I simply can't wait to see them go forth and multiply.
    I’m with Brin….but I wonder what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Everyone gets it wrong now and again and he got it dead wrong yesterday.
    No he didn’t get it wrong, that implies he was doing something different to what came before…..how many games?…all exactly the same!!!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast