+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ok then

Like who?
    Errr.....?

My point was with the signings we’ve made it’s not going to make a lot of difference. I’m not necessarily saying he shouldn’t have sacked him just apart from looking a little more compact the results haven’t improved.
    I’m not sure the timing was right.

Well unfortunately Neil Warnock isn't an option anymore.
    He's at Aberdeen.
    But similar to what has been said before,
    Even Warnock and his Magicians couldn't save us now.

"Nucleus of a good side"
    Didn't Stubbs say the same and we ended up with our worst points haul.

We are what we are a underfunded under atreacrive championship club.

Just accept we will go down more than we will stay up

It might be more accurate to say our owner isn’t willing to lose any more money than he is doing.
    Many clubs in our league lose huge sums of money compared to their income and the FFP rules allow them to do that….so they do, just that.

So in reality it isn’t how big their attendances are or the capacity of their ground that drives their league position, it’s more to do with how much money their current owners are willing to lose season on season

The way some of you are talking about the cost of their squad as apposed to ours so what do we expect? Well at least make an effort to win the game. Inviting them on to us with 11 behind the ball is not the way to win a game of football evn if they are a squad of millions of poundsworth players. Luton and Sheff U should just put 11 behind the ball if the cost of the other teams players are anything to go by.

So cayton should we have gone toe toe with Southampton yesterday, and what do you think would have happened if we had .

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I agree so why sack MT then?
    We may as well left him to end of the season.
    Isn't Taylor the person who oversaw the journey to where the team now finds itself?

He oversaw the departure of some crucial players - Barlaser, Wiles, Ogbene and - as far as I am concerned - Wood and possibly Harding. The extent to which he had any control over those departures was probably limited but he must take some responsibility for the apparent failure to recruit so as to replace them.

Wood being dropped last season made me very worried about Taylor.

There's talk in this thread about a lack of fight in the team. If that's the case maybe part of the issue is a failure to recruit fighters? Warne took a lot of stick over his 'good person' test, but maybe being a good person included an 'honesty' that would have players running themselves ragged and giving everything they had? Maybe that ethos was lost in what I suspect was an attempt to build a team with a little more individual flare.

If I'm right in my assessment (from the perspective of someone who knows nothing about football) then Taylor must carry a lot of responsibility for where we are and Richardson has to be given time to fix what he didn't break. What other choice do we really have?

Absolutely agree with you KerrAvon
    This is Rotherham United.
    Will always be the small club who over the last 10 years or so has over achieved and gets found out financially in the big boy's league.
    Mistakes are and have been and will be made, name me any club or business that hasn't or doesn't.

I'll renew my season tickets next year because overall I enjoy the day out and watching my team.
    UTM this season and future seasons.

People become mardy when their team doesn't win many matches. It's human nature. I dare say, after a few Saturdays round Meadowhell, a couple of hours of third division football may become more appealing. Especially with possible derby matches with the Owls and Barnsley.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast