+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we love our coffee in the mornings ? Lets drink Israeli coffee??

I thought you were stepping back from all of this BT as much as it hurts you to do so. no one wants this but sadly the world is going tits up at the moment and we are merely observers.

The history of the State of Palestine describes the creation and evolution of the State of Palestine in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

During the ''British Mandatory period,'' numerous plans of partition of Palestine were proposed but without the agreement of all parties. In 1947, the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was voted for. The leaders of the Jewish Agency for Palestine accepted parts of the plan, while Arab leaders refused it. This triggered the 1947–1949 Palestine war and led, in 1948, to the establishment of the state of Israel on a part of Mandate Palestine as the Mandate came to an end. The Gaza Strip came under Egyptian occupation, and the West Bank was ruled by Jordan, before both territories were occupied by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War.

Ancient land of Israel. Begins in the Southern Levant region of Western Asia during the Late Bronze Age and Early Iron Age. The earliest known reference to "Israel" as a people or tribal confederation (see Israelites) is in the Merneptah Stele, an inscription from ancient Egypt that dates to about 1208 BCE, but the people group may be older.

What happened during the Six-Day War of 1967?

Between June 5 and June 10, Israel defeated Egypt, Jordan, and Syria and occupied the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. ( the above post reads ''taking something that isn't yours??'' ) No mention of Palestine during the late Bronze age etc .'' Ancient land of Israel. Begins in the Southern Levant region of Western Asia during the Late Bronze Age and Early Iron Age. ''

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century b c, occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The Palestinians today can not call out that they are derived from the Philistianians. That would offer them such a small piece of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza.

Complicity : the state of being an accomplice; partnership or involvement in wrong doing (from post 18 )

Lets see now, Gaza fires rockets at us for years, and to fire back at them is some 'wrong doing??' Its a crime to defend ourselves??
    Complicity in a crime. ''Wrong doing??'' ''partnership or involvement in wrong doing?''

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I thought you were stepping back from all of this BT as much as it hurts you to do so. no one wants this but sadly the world is going tits up at the moment and we are merely observers.
    I responded to a thread k_c that's all. I am almost in physical pain watching Israel ripping Gaza apart with the total complicity of the UK & USA.

Commercial oil interests seem to always prevail over humanitarian issues anywhere across the globe.

How can this be happening in 2024?

Attachment 25678

Be happy B T, that Israel is on the Suez Cannel, otherwise any disagreements with the Arabs, would find ships heading for Britain, from India and the far East, which would/could (?) have to go around Africa, (then some of your food prices ,materials etc ?) would cost more !! Be happy BT. Otherwise your wife, and all British house wife's etc, would be complaining constantly, (that's nagging !!!) So much now for this or that product!! (every day !!!)

Bombing defenceless kids is not funny.

What the IDF does BT ,just in case you did not know, is to send a marker on that house its enough for those inside to know inside know what is going to happen next to that house in all cases its the house of someone who has done or they try to cause damage to Israel.

Hamas uses Gaza schools for military-terrorist purposes.

https://www.gov.il/en/Departments/Ge...orist-purposes

Is Rafah next IDF target? '12 smuggling tunnels from Sinai still operational'

May I ask if you are bored in Bolton and therefore try to find excitement elsewhere??

We need a way to check up on BT, to see if he is OK?
    He says ....... I responded to a thread k_c that's all. I am almost in physical pain watching Israel ripping Gaza apart with the total complicity of the UK & USA.

BT needs attention. We have to see about his health, what will we do if BT is not here with us !

BT, here is the woman to represent Israel, in the European Song Contest, I know you would vote for her as also thousands would too there.

https://www.mako.co.il/tv-the-next-s...5208d81027.htm

I was recently released from reserve duty in Gaza, after serving 100 days in the IDF. Since the world can’t see firsthand the things I saw there, I feel I have to share.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-785234

For years, well before October 7th, we’ve heard about how terrible life is for the poor, oppressed Gazans. How anti-Israel activists and media outlets claim the Gaza Strip can be compared to an open-air prison. This became the standard, accepted narrative about life in Gaza, promulgated by Al Jazeera and international human rights groups. But now, having experienced it myself, I can confidently tell you that we were lied to.
    Gaza City was modern and developed
    Gaza has been depicted as a backwards, "densely populated" area that’s been under Israeli "siege" for years. There's no bigger lie than this. Pre-war Gaza was a modern, beautiful, developed city – with large, furnished houses, wide avenues, public areas, a promenade, and parks. It looked much better than any other Arab city “from the river to the sea.” Gaza City reminds me more of Tel Aviv than the awful slums that some people try to make it out to be.
    And, of course, Gaza is far from being the "most densely populated area in the world."

If this is how a city looks after two decades of "siege," then I want to be sieged. The houses in Gaza were full of goods and food from across the Middle East, the houses had modern furniture, appliances, and pretty much any up-to-date consumer product and electronics you can imagine.
    There are also high-end mansions that could easily have been in Los Angeles or Beverly Hills. There was no lack of wealth in Gaza. Despite the prosperity we saw in Gaza city, it was hiding something you won't see in any Western city. Every neighbourhood we visited had staged and ready-to-operate Hamas combat zones – weapons, tunnelling, explosives, rocket launch zones, all inside normal family homes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)