+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mickd Analysis - He Was There

Mickd Analysis - He Was There

Would agree with Mick after he came away from the game and passed on his thoughts;

Very poor today by Albion.

Swift, Wallace, Asante, Mowatt and Yok were rubbish.

Fellows was the standout player by a mile and Bartley held us together.

If Townsend is a player I’m the fkin Pope……absolute garbage

How's Mick keeping . hope all is well

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    How's Mick keeping . hope all is well

He’s well Lloyd as speak to him a lot and sends his best wishes

It's about time Mick met up with his forum mates again down at The Vine, hopefully this time I'll be there. When's Swedish next coming over, may we can do it then???

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    It's about time Mick met up with his forum mates again down at The Vine, hopefully this time I'll be there. When's Swedish next coming over, may we can do it then???
    Most likely, not until late October/early November. Play-offs or play-off final might possibly change that.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Would agree with Mick after he came away from the game and passed on his thoughts;

Very poor today by Albion.

Swift, Wallace, Asante, Mowatt and Yok were rubbish.

Fellows was the standout player by a mile and Bartley held us together.

If Townsend is a player I’m the fkin Pope……absolute garbage
    Bit harsh this I think Al. We were up against a pretty solid side who have been resurgent since Mowbray came in.

I thought Swift, Wallace and BTA didn't have great games, but Mowatt and Yok were solid if not spectacular. And certainly a bit better than rubbish.

I thought we were the better side, not by much but if you had to pick a team who deserved to win it then it would be us. And I'm happy we scored late and that for the first time in a long time we now have some attacking options off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Bit harsh this I think Al. We were up against a pretty solid side who have been resurgent since Mowbray came in.

I thought Swift, Wallace and BTA didn't have great games, but Mowatt and Yok were solid if not spectacular. And certainly a bit better than rubbish.

I thought we were the better side, not by much but if you had to pick a team who deserved to win it then it would be us. And I'm happy we scored late and that for the first time in a long time we now have some attacking options off the bench.
    IMO the game was poor and deserved a 0-0 scoreline.

Some of the passing out from the back was dreadful. Problem was if we cleared it long we never won a header and it came straight back. The defence did its main job as once again we didn't concede and except for the one that hit the post didn't look like doing so. Yes Swift, Wallace and BTA were poor which leaves just Fellows from the attack and for me our MOTM. Thought Furlong was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    IMO the game was poor and deserved a 0-0 scoreline.

Some of the passing out from the back was dreadful. Problem was if we cleared it long we never won a header and it came straight back. The defence did its main job as once again we didn't concede and except for the one that hit the post didn't look like doing so. Yes Swift, Wallace and BTA were poor which leaves just Fellows from the attack and for me our MOTM. Thought Furlong was decent.
    I think this is a pretty fair analysis. 0-0 could have been a fair result, I thought we marginally shaded the game.

I'm actually quite happy we nicked it at the end, I can't remember the last time we won a game like that. Last season surely?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)