+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocking goalkeeping.

Shocking goalkeeping.

WTF was Leno doing for our first ? He came out for the centre and was so far off it he didn't even bother to flap at it, leaving Fof to head into an empty net.

A very naughty click bait person you are mon ami!

If that had been young Trafford sinkov we all know the knives would have been sharpening. The stat from yesterday that struck me was this was the first point we have picked up this season from a losing position and we are almost two thirds of the way through our fixture list. As to how many points we have dropped from winning positions I’ve lost count. None of us can be happy about that sorry state of affairs. We were on last on MOTD. Just in front of us was Sheffield United v Aston Villa. The Blades have sacked manager Paul Heckingbottom and reverted to Chris Wilder. I thought their display v Villa was worse than the 5-0 thumping we gave them at Turf Moor. Nottingham Forest picked up two good wins at the end of December after sacking Steve Cooper but have yet to show that they have substantially improved under new manager Nino Espírito Santo. I really do not think Burnley would improve at present with a change of manager. We are I think because of our shocking home form at the beginning of the season doomed to return to the Championship but while I am disappointed with that I am not without hope for our future. We have made crucial mistakes this season and hopefully lessons are being learned from that but we have unearthed some serious talent on the pitch. I am going to the Bournemouth game in March with my two fabulous Clarets loving granddaughters and we are looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    If that had been young Trafford sinkov we all know the knives would have been sharpening. The stat from yesterday that struck me was this was the first point we have picked up this season from a losing position and we are almost two thirds of the way through our fixture list. As to how many points we have dropped from winning positions I’ve lost count. None of us can be happy about that sorry state of affairs. We were on last on MOTD. Just in front of us was Sheffield United v Aston Villa. The Blades have sacked manager Paul Heckingbottom and reverted to Chris Wilder. I thought their display v Villa was worse than the 5-0 thumping we gave them at Turf Moor. Nottingham Forest picked up two good wins at the end of December after sacking Steve Cooper but have yet to show that they have substantially improved under new manager Nino Espírito Santo. I really do not think Burnley would improve at present with a change of manager. We are I think because of our shocking home form at the beginning of the season doomed to return to the Championship but while I am disappointed with that I am not without hope for our future. We have made crucial mistakes this season and hopefully lessons are being learned from that but we have unearthed some serious talent on the pitch. I am going to the Bournemouth game in March with my two fabulous Clarets loving granddaughters and we are looking forward to it.
    I was just landing in Manchester when we kicked off yesterday, I hate missing matches Sir Outwood. From the highlights I have seen from the game if VK sacks Vitinho from the full back positions I still think a great escape is on.

My lad went on without me and said the same. We can do this!

As for sacking VK - forget it, the new additions look great.

Yesterday's performance was nothing short of absymil, and I have come away with zero confidence that we have little chance of surviving the drop.

Kompany has not a clue who our strongest 11 is has he swaps and changes every match, ditto the formation. Berge was playing so deep that he was playing CH at home against a side who can't buy a win away

Kompany looks lost, and so far out of his depth its embarrassing for himself and ourselves, who they are making fools off

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Yesterday's performance was nothing short of absymil, and I have come away with zero confidence that we have little chance of surviving the drop.

Kompany has not a clue who our strongest 11 is has he swaps and changes every match, ditto the formation. Berge was playing so deep that he was playing CH at home against a side who can't buy a win away

Kompany looks lost, and so far out of his depth its embarrassing for himself and ourselves, who they are making fools off
    The VK inspired acquisitions of Trafford, Odobert, Koleosho, Berge, Assignon, Esteve, Foster, Ramsay & Massengo suggests to me he knows exactly what he is doing b_c. This lot will form the nucleus of a very good team in a short space of time. Fingers crossed we still have enough time and games to nab another 24 points.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A very naughty click bait person you are mon ami!
    Not at all mon ami, like all Burnley fans I keep a close look out for goalkeeping errors, but not just those by young James Trafford, besides Leno losing his bearings I noticed Luton's Kaminski gifting one to Sean Longstaff, while not to be outdone, at the other end Dubravka put one on a plate for Ross Barkley. There were 10 PL keepers in action yesterday, only two of them conceded fewer than Trafford. Marco Silva mentioned Trafford in his post match interview as the reason Fulham didn't take all three points. In the Comments section under the Grauniad match report, which was exclusively populated by Fulham fans, there were several moaning that but for our young goalkeeper they would have murdered us. But on the Burnley forums, all you read is that Trafford couldn't catch a cold and why isn't VK playing Muric.

Just saying like.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not at all mon ami, like all Burnley fans I keep a close look out for goalkeeping errors, but not just those by young James Trafford, besides Leno losing his bearings I noticed Luton's Kaminski gifting one to Sean Longstaff, while not to be outdone, at the other end Dubravka put one on a plate for Ross Barkley. There were 10 PL keepers in action yesterday, only two of them conceded fewer than Trafford. Marco Silva mentioned Trafford in his post match interview as the reason Fulham didn't take all three points. In the Comments section under the Grauniad match report, which was exclusively populated by Fulham fans, there were several moaning that but for our young goalkeeper they would have murdered us. But on the Burnley forums, all you read is that Trafford couldn't catch a cold and why isn't VK playing Muric.

Just saying like.
    I think if he ditched Vitinho and played Al-Dakhil and installed Esteve in the centre of defence their combined height might just protect young James at set pieces.

The lad is just that, he's a lad doing his best and he his a phenomenal shot stopper.

I'm officially off his case and expect him to be England's number one within a couple of years time.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 05-02-2024 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was just landing in Manchester when we kicked off yesterday, I hate missing matches Sir Outwood. From the highlights I have seen from the game if VK sacks Vitinho from the full back positions I still think a great escape is on.

My lad went on without me and said the same. We can do this!

As for sacking VK - forget it, the new additions look great.
    I love your optimism BT I really do but In reality we continue to play with players that make the same mistakes game in game out and at this level we are punished for them.

Yesterday we were devoid of any fight or heart whatsoever for 70 mins in the game.

The goals knocked us especially the second but we couldn’t pull ourselves round or see a way out of the hole we’d dug ourselves.

Now on here I don’t like to slag players off constructive comments are my thing just on what I see so based on yesterdays abysmal showing here goes ( the last 15/20 mins accepted ).

Vitinho - can not play at this level - left back - right back we just shifted problems from one side to the other. ( don’t know if sub can check but I was thinking an interesting stat might be how many assists he has to his name for the opposition- he tried hard yesterday to help them be it passes in open play or throwings ).

O Shea wasn’t making it at West Brom at this level and based on what I’ve seen he won’t make it here either - too many positional problems to be a quality centre back he’s re - active not pro active.

Ekdal I like but doesn’t have the pace to play at this level.

Ramsay had an opportunity to show some spirit if nothing else but he failed on all counts and only encouraged Fulham onto us. ( I’m surprised as of the two brothers we are supposed to have the better one ).

Berge - I think technically is a decent player - but I posted when he first came that he’s very slow and looked un fit - yesterday he looked like a player who plays for the dog and duck on a Sunday full of ale sweating bucket loads trying to get up and down a pitch - but found it really difficult as when we got in their last third by the time he’d caught up with play we were losing possession and going back towards our goal again.

Brownhill ( I’m a fan generally ).

This lad isn’t a captain he’s not a leader of men can’t motivate himself to do his job never mind others , is going to get himself hurt limp legged challenges and under par performances of late when we need someone who drives people on - I accept at the side of Berge yesterday it was difficult as Brownhill is mobile just not competitive in the engine room the most important position on the pitch.

Amdouni - tries very hard but embroils himself in situations that should be the midfields job and ends up doing nothing to help the team as foster ends up as loan wolf up top

Foster - I’m afraid isn’t free of criticism I’llness or no Illness , makes some selfless runs but lets the ball get away from him a bit to much lately.

Odebert is a breath of fresh air - a winger who can go at defenders on the inside and outside either foot always trying to get to the line to deliver ball in dangerous areas.

Finally if VK can not see our failings in defence and midfield he’s responsible for our demise as well as the players.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    WTF was Leno doing for our first ? He came out for the centre and was so far off it he didn't even bother to flap at it, leaving Fof to head into an empty net.
    Did you see that Burnley lad in no mans land Sinkov-he made a right balls of it-even VK admitted it was a soft goal.Teriffic shot stopper though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)