+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shocking goalkeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap in MN View Post
    If selling Odobert is considered to be a good thing then my sympathies go out to the BFC faithful sitting in the stands because they are far from the thoughts of BFC management.
    It looks nailed on we will be back in the Championship next season Tap, £25 million for young Odobert will finance the fall and service the debt. Koleosho, Tresor, Benson and Zaroury will compensate for the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It looks nailed on we will be back in the Championship next season Tap, £25 million for young Odobert will finance the fall and service the debt. Koleosho, Tresor, Benson and Zaroury will compensate for the loss.
    If we sell him for 25 million someone wants shooting - in my book that is not good business.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    If we sell him for 25 million someone wants shooting - in my book that is not good business.
    Just a figure I plucked out of the air. That's still an awful lot of money for a kid, don't you think army88?

Someone will have to be sold in summer if we want to refresh the squad, and Fof will certainly need replacing, he'll be off back down to London as fast as his legs, or Terrior Taxis, will carry him. Our owners don't have a pot to piss in, so incomings will have to be financed by outgoings or we'll have to go further into debt.

Odobert looks the obvious one, Kaleosho would have been another but for his injury, Brownhill with just a year left on his contract will be another, Benson, Zaroury and a couple of our loanees might bring in a few bob, but players like Beyer, Foster, Trafford, Ekdal, Ramsey, Al Dakhil and Amdouni will not have increased in value this season and there's no chance of us cashing in on them. Vinni's million pound player is still not in sight and with relegation looming our financial situation looks precarious to me.

But what do I know ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just a figure I plucked out of the air. That's still an awful lot of money for a kid, don't you think army88?
    It’s a mistake BT at that this kid is potentially on a par with your Bellinghams of the world - to come here at 18 years old and frighten Premiership defenders to death is no mean feat.

Inside outside ball stuck to feet - injection of pace and an end product plus can score when the opportunity arises as well.

Wet Spam are sniffing already because we’re a soft touch -

If it were me anyway I’d hang on to him if that’s possible or if he has to go then it’s for proper money not a derisory amount - we got spanked last time around Pope 10 million ( joke ).

Incidentally for all the Trafford haters on here The Toon are sniffing around him as well - he must be as bad as they all say on here eh ?

We have some very good footballers in our team we don’t have the missing links to knit them all together that’s Vinnys only fault he hasn’t managed to get the right mix.

If you look at his career Man City never really had or needed a aggressive midfielder ( Barton exception - though I don’t remember him mixing it up much for them )

They predominantly have gifted central and wide players - dynamite forwards and of course Vincent at the back in front of a good solid keeper.

For me VK is still learning on the job and he’ll sus it out soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It’s a mistake BT at that this kid is potentially on a par with your Bellinghams of the world - to come here at 18 years old and frighten Premiership defenders to death is no mean feat.

Inside outside ball stuck to feet - injection of pace and an end product plus can score when the opportunity arises as well.

Wet Spam are sniffing already because we’re a soft touch -

If it were me anyway I’d hang on to him if that’s possible or if he has to go then it’s for proper money not a derisory amount - we got spanked last time around Pope 10 million ( joke ).

Incidentally for all the Trafford haters on here The Toon are sniffing around him as well - he must be as bad as they all say on here eh ?

We have some very good footballers in our team we don’t have the missing links to knit them all together that’s Vinnys only fault he hasn’t managed to get the right mix.

If you look at his career Man City never really had or needed a aggressive midfielder ( Barton exception - though I don’t remember him mixing it up much for them )

They predominantly have gifted central and wide players - dynamite forwards and of course Vincent at the back in front of a good solid keeper.

For me VK is still learning on the job and he’ll sus it out soon enough
    Not very often I agree with you army88 but I think you are thinking along the right lines.

We have been relegated from the Premier League three times now and we are still standing. Like my old mucker sinkov says, "Feck 'em".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)