+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Please Watch This Video

O/T Please Watch This Video

I'm not going to tell you what it's about all I ask is that you give it 7 minutes of your time .

Thanks In Advance

https://youtu.be/ul4UzKSHGGw?si=qaaRMo-nSDJQ89wb

Wow that's absolutely unbelievable. I'm totally numbed by that. It makes my take on politicians and the government more credible. The mentality in this country is shocking not only on the streets but in Parliament. If a crime such as that can't be punished by a hefty prison sentence it's time to give up.

gang culture

mobile phone video "look at us" culture

only way to gain "status" amongst peers

lack of hope, ambition, opportunity, increasing poverty

poor/ absent parental role models / upbringing

substance abuse

breakdown of community values

low level /lack of deterrents

and many more.

The problem here is the Uk has given up with no respect to life, absolutely shocking.
    Respect starts at the top and here there clearly isn’t any.

Did you know the guy on the video Paul Thorpe has a massive GUN and KNIFE collection?

Just saying like.

Soft policing, weak lawmakers and social media.
    The politicians are far too scared of upsetting a certain section of the populace.
    I fear for my all our kids and grandkids, we need hard measures in this country and to hell with the banner wavers who cry ‘you can’t do that’

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    gang culture

mobile phone video "look at us" culture

only way to gain "status" amongst peers

lack of hope, ambition, opportunity, increasing poverty

poor/ absent parental role models / upbringing

substance abuse

breakdown of community values

low level /lack of deterrents

and many more.
    I would agree with all of that, I think you've covered everything SB. The only thing that I would caution against is the lack of opportunity. This clearly didn't apply in the recent Brianna Ghey murder. The girl that committed the murder had opportunity. Her mother was a teacher at Culcheth comprehensive school. She attend the same school. The family lived in Culcheth. Culcheth is a top notch area, very affluent in the top 2% measured in the country. The boy that committed the murder also attended Culcheth High School. Parents choose Culcheth schools and bring the kids in from the other areas around. The boy was coming in from the Leigh area.
    I know this because I lived in Culcheth between 2003-2016. My son still lives in the house that I own. Both my kids attended the local schools and Culcheth High School. I can therefore say for sure that both of those two kids did not lack opportunity but yet committed one of the worst murders that could possibly take place. Calculated and evil. So lack of opportunity cannot be used as an excuse for committing such acts in my opinion. But I agree with everything else you say and it really needs to be got on top of before it spirals further out of control.

The one thing that the majority of people in this country can agree on is robust law and order .

I firmly believe that many would like to see justice served with the strongest sentences handed out for crimes such as in that video .

A system that considers the victims rather than the so called human rights of the perpetrators of crime would be welcome .

I'm not going to go down the woke culture , liberal left bashing because human rights are important but not at the expense of common sense they aren't .

I also believe that this country needs to step back from equality or equity as it's referred to now and replace it with good old fashioned fairness , why don't we do that instead .

The way equality in this country is managed is often biased , called " positive discrimination " , I thought all forms of discrimination were supposed to be vilified so let's do fairness instead .

I'm a person who has spent most of his working life on the left but I've found myself becoming more and more detached from what it's become and actually cringe with embarrassment these days .

A successful country runs on meritocracy , if you are a cr@p woman football pundit your a cr@p woman football pundit and didn't get the role through meritocracy .

Go find something you are good at , most of us get there in the end .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The one thing that the majority of people in this country can agree on is robust law and order .

I firmly believe that many would like to see justice served with the strongest sentences handed out for crimes such as in that video .

A system that considers the victims rather than the so called human rights of the perpetrators of crime would be welcome .

I'm not going to go down the woke culture , liberal left bashing because human rights are important but not at the expense of common sense they aren't .

I also believe that this country needs to step back from equality or equity as it's referred to now and replace it with good old fashioned fairness , why don't we do that instead .

The way equality in this country is managed is often biased , called " positive discrimination " , I thought all forms of discrimination were supposed to be vilified so let's do fairness instead .

I'm a person who has spent most of his working life on the left but I've found myself becoming more and more detached from what it's become and actually cringe with embarrassment these days .

A successful country runs on meritocracy , if you are a cr@p woman football pundit your a cr@p woman football pundit and didn't get the role through meritocracy .

Yes I can agree with that Animal.

One thing I would say is that recently I thought judges had been giving out much tougher sentences. Sentences of more then 40 years, If my memory serves me right, we're recently given our for the murderer of the young 9 year girl shot in her own home in Liverpool and for the murderer of the young woman shot in the Pub on the Wirral at Christmas time 2022. Me and my wife were both heartened that sentences were going in the right direction so I must admit that the case in this video came as a shock, totally unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Some great points there Animal. I don't know if it's just me but common sense is a trait that seems to be disappearing from society. I can only base my opinion on my own findings both speaking to and observing the youth of today.

The current generation are educated in a programmed way, just as we were, a way that focuses too much on the academic side of life rather than the practical side. I think the difference is that in these current times, the kids aren't living with a need for freedom in my opinion. They are ruled by what the world has become- increasingly reliant on technology, the kind of technology that progressively keeps them indoors and in most cases giving them no reason to think for themselves.

As a kid I learned to be practical, think for myself, be streetwise and survive whilst trying to enjoy myself going on bike rides, going nesting, laiking artside, footballing, golfing with clubs I'd bought from the second hand market with my paper round money. Everything seems to be given to kids these days which doesn't really teach them not only the value of things, but also the art of earning what you get in life instead of it being given to you.

Practical jobs are disappearing too. Everything is computerised these days meaning that the need to think for oneself is a dying concept. That, in my view is very much to our detriment. It's worrying what the human race is becoming. A lazy mentality exists that doesn't help anybody. The increase in divorces and relationship breakups is a reflection of what I'm talking about. Are people from the playground upwards being given a good sense of perspective, practicality and resilience? I don't think so. It's not making for a great future is it.

The government aren't helping either with too much emphasis being placed on the wrong things. The government, I believe, have also have given licence for your lazy uninterested unaspiring human being to live comfortably from benefits which unfortunately breeds a chain reaction where kids being brought up in this kind of environment don't aspire to much in life either. The knock on effect is a very worrying trend. Women walking the streets in their pyjamas- where's your dignity ffs. Sort yourself out you lazy undignified fekker.

Truth is, there's no need to sort themselves out and gain dignity and self respect. These people aren't gonna form an anti government campaign or challenge the establishment are they? No, they're gonna support it. Afterall it is the hand that feeds them or rather the hand of the hardworking tax payer in my view, the same hardworking taxpayer that constantly gets shafted whilst trying to earn a living.

It's becoming a country that lacks the traits and pride of the working class people who had built it. It's actually embarrassing what the country has become in terms of how it shapes its own people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast