+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Tickets bought, but the down side its the wife an i for this one, and she does not have a good record from attending away games.

Excuses in early peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    They have been leaking a fair few goals....so we need to be making sure we are taking our chances. We need to be putting pressure on their keeper and forcing saves from the off...something that we have struggled to do. We need to be braver in the final third and not be shy in front of goal. If we do this and manage to keep it tight at the back, then I reckon we will be fine. We 100% need our attacking players to be on form for this! It would be good to get Moult back in amongst the goals....and it would be good to see our defenders causing problems at corners. Now would be a good time for these players to put in the kind of performance we have been begging for in a big game.
    Wonder if JG will just site off them with a mid block and wait for them to run out of ideas. Its the kind of thing he would do, take the point.

A draw would be good enough to keep the distance required, and that might be in the minds of the manager, and maybe even the players. JG might set up to spoil the game and nick a goal, or even be happy to really spoil the game,ending up with no goals at all. It will all be about the "bigger picture" of that I'm sure.

I'd luv to see us go for the throats from the first minute and maybe surprise them by doing that. I doubt very much that will happen though Ach.... yi never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    A draw would be good enough to keep the distance required, and that might be in the minds of the manager, and maybe even the players. JG might set up to spoil the game and nick a goal, or even be happy to really spoil the game,ending up with no goals at all. It will all be about the "bigger picture" of that I'm sure.

I'd luv to see us go for the throats from the first minute and maybe surprise them by doing that. I doubt very much that will happen though Ach.... yi never know.
    I think it's fair to say that a draw suits us more than it does Raith, but I would love to come away from there with a 7 point lead and a vastly superior goal difference with only 13 games to play - how much better would that be?

70 tickets left from the 2800 or so behind the goal (a few hundred damaged seats not avaliable as usually 3300) 9 days out

we will likely be given the half stand railway side again

More tickets released..check official

They have been leaking a fair few goals....so we need to be making sure we are taking our chances. We need to be putting pressure on their keeper and forcing saves from the off...something that we have struggled to do. We need to be braver in the final third and not be shy in front of goal. If we do this and manage to keep it tight at the back, then I reckon we will be fine. We 100% need our attacking players to be on form for this! It would be good to get Moult back in amongst the goals....and it would be good to see our defenders causing problems at corners. Now would be a good time for these players to put in the kind of performance we have been begging for in a big game.
    Can’t remember the last time United won a massive game with a lot riding on it

The relegation 6 pointers were major disappointments and we didn’t turn up

The Raith matches so far we have not been at our best

Would be great if we could put in a strong performance for this one and get the three points 3️⃣

I know. I feel we have been let down every single time we get a decent support backing the team for a big game. I know I had said earlier that this wasn't a 6 pointer in as much as it isn't going to change the league positions.....but this is a massive opportunity to put a bit of space in between us and the rest of the pack. Raith are on a stinking run but they will 100% see this as a chance to get things back on track. They are going to be desperate to put one over us again. It is massively important that we don't let them get ahead in the game. An early goal for us could make a lot of difference....failing that, we may need to be patient and make sure we aren't giving them a sniff. I am desperate for us to put them to the sword after they way that they had celebrated winning the league at the last game. We really need to put down a marker for the run in!

I know. I feel we have been let down every single time we get a decent support backing the team for a big game. I know I had said earlier that this wasn't a 6 pointer in as much as it isn't going to change the league positions.....but this is a massive opportunity to put a bit of space in between us and the rest of the pack. Raith are on a stinking run but they will 100% see this as a chance to get things back on track. They are going to be desperate to put one over us again. It is massively important that we don't let them get ahead in the game. An early goal for us could make a lot of difference....failing that, we may need to be patient and make sure we aren't giving them a sniff. I am desperate for us to put them to the sword after they way that they had celebrated winning the league at the last game. We really need to put down a marker for the run in!
    I definitely think it's a 6 pointer - win and we go 7 points ahead, lose and we're only 1 point ahead. That's a 6 point difference.

You're right, Raith are on a stinking run, but for all of their poor results in the last few weeks, if they beat us they only trail by a single point! Just shows you how significant it is that we missed out on the 5-7 points against Dunfermline, Morton and even Queens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    I definitely think it's a 6 pointer - win and we go 7 points ahead, lose and we're only 1 point ahead. That's a 6 point difference.

You're right, Raith are on a stinking run, but for all of their poor results in the last few weeks, if they beat us they only trail by a single point! Just shows you how significant it is that we missed out on the 5-7 points against Dunfermline, Morton and even Queens Park.
    Goodwin will be happy with the draw

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)