+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Regarding the Academy I've been questioning things for quite a while. Inability to develop a really good striker for one.

I think the criticisms being made in the last 24 hours are about the type of players we're producing.
    Just for example if you put Glass Mochrie Meekison MacLeod on the pitch together they'll try to play football the right way but they all have one thing in common, they're 'nice' accomplished footballers coached in a modern style that lacks bite and the physicality that will bully opponents.

From what I've seen though, would agree that Meekison should replace Watt for a period, he looks capable of unlocking the puzzle that's holding us back in the final 3rd.
    Thats why you need a good destroyer on the pitch, no team wins games with a midfield full of good technical players. If Man city played a midfield of foden, Silva, Greelish they wouldnt win the league thats for sure, they need a rodri.

To me the biggest failing the clud has is they havnt provided senior players of the right type to get the best out of a Meekison,Glasss Mochrie Etc.

Our spine is fine though for this level, just been unlucky with Docherty's injuries and more recently Gallagher

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Our spine is fine though for this level, just been unlucky with Docherty's injuries and more recently Gallagher
    Correct, with Docherty and Gallagher we're much stronger but it's not really relevant to the point being discussed about what type of players we're producing from the Academy and how they're coached and developed. They're all very similar.

great goal

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Correct, with Docherty and Gallagher we're much stronger but it's not really relevant to the point being discussed about what type of players we're producing from the Academy and how they're coached and developed. They're all very similar.
    they are quite similar but thats just the ones that showed progress, Ever united youth team in the last few years had CDM'sl they just never progressed and now play Junior or for forfar. Its just the way it is. Same as weave not really produced any left backs or strikers recently. Maybe in a few years we will only producing right backs

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Thats why you need a good destroyer on the pitch, no team wins games with a midfield full of good technical players. If Man city played a midfield of foden, Silva, Greelish they wouldnt win the league thats for sure, they need a rodri.

To me the biggest failing the clud has is they havnt provided senior players of the right type to get the best out of a Meekison,Glasss Mochrie Etc.
    None of them are good enough. That's the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    None of them are good enough. That's the biggest problem.
    thats your negative opinion and your entitled to it. I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    thats your negative opinion and your entitled to it. I disagree
    It is. Take Kai for example. Playing for Stirling Albion last season. Has came in this season and been one of our best players. There was a point in the season where he was our best player! He's good enough. If the rest were good enough, they be able to make the step up like Kai has.

Docherty is a dud IMO.

He has missed, now, the majority of the season and we can't afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    Docherty is a dud IMO.

He has missed, now, the majority of the season and we can't afford that.

He's been excellent mostly when fit but I think it's harsh to say dud unless he's had a history of injuries, he played lots of games for Thistle and Ayr

Maybe and unfortunately for us he's having an unlucky spell with injuries, we definitely miss him

Do think though that Wotherspoon looked good on Fri and might be the way to go, for me at home we should not revert to tillson, should be wotherspoon or Mochrie type beside Sibbald, even a glass

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)