+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    One of the best posts after the match, summed it up

RR jammy again, offside goal, wonderstrike, woeful pitch, we still dominated, especially second half, they didn't really do any more after the subs, a couple corners and a free kick that was it, we were not clinical enough and that is what ultimately cost us, definitely not a game we deserved to lose

We just need to use it as motivation to get back on track, then give them an overdue beating at Tannadice, when they won in Dec they were in a better position than they are now, 5 pts ahead albeit with a game more played
    We didnt dominate though! And while it was a wonder strike, our players fell asleep at a throw in in the lead up and allowed the opportunity for the lad to have a shot!

And where the feck are you expecting the players to muster enough motivation to kick on from here when our fans have contributed to a fecking sell out in Kirkaldy? Limp in the final third and too late with the wrong changes!

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Wondered how long it would take for the happy clapper supreme to come on and haver the usual pish. Dominated my arse. I seriously don't understand what you see in that performance.

Not being a happy clapper, just know the better team lost on the night, we dominated most of it, especially second half in terms of good chances, territory, passing, possession, they didn't get near our box for most of the second half until Connolly won them a corner then the awful ref gave them a soft free kick that they won another corner from, that was pretty much it until a once in a career wonder strike from brown out of nothing stole it really

It's our own fault for being wasteful with the chances we had but worst we deserved was a draw from that

Just can't see Raith going on another run like they did before, we just need to take care of ourselves, open the gap a bit again before the Tannadice game

Raith Rovers are 5hite and were quite content to let us have the ball and then hit us on the counter. My biggest bug bare of tonight was when our defenders were coming out with the ball they had to turn back quite a lot because there was nothing on and this was happening because Kai,Watt,Moult and Middleton were all just standing in line with the RR defence far too many times. It's lazy and it was not allowing us to build up any play ,at least 2 of that 4 should have been dropping deeper and getting more involved but no the 4 of them were just getting easily marked and doing very little to get free of their markers, I must have pointed this out a half dozen times during the game to my mates that were with me🙄

It's a game where we were helluva unlucky not to take something from and their wonder goal was a bit of a sickener but it's still in our hands and we have 2 home games in a row to hopefully pick up 6 points from before a tough away fixture at Partick........and by the way why the hell is Sam fkn Stanton even getting a mention on here by some as some sort of world beater.....he's fkn lowpin.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I disagree, thought they were poor, I don't think this any great masterplan like at Tannadice when they sat in with a clear game plan, they were just humping the ball up the park and giving possesion away cheaply tonight, they soaked up our pressure because we weren't doing anything with it. I don't know what the changes should have been tonight, sometimes they are obvious, but it felt about 15-20 mins into 2nd half we had to drive home that dominance, show some urgency, be more direct, lost count of the amount of times we broke puprosefully, Watt mostly, then ran out of ideas, and just passed it out wide to Middleton. Maybe change the players around on the park or put someone in the hole like Cudjoe that can unlock a defence.

Moult was knackered so Grieve was obvious replacement if like for like, as he has some enerrgy (not much skill by the looks of it), Wetherspoon I'm assuming was fitness, but he put on Mochrie as opposed to Tilson which suprised me, so i think the manger was still thinking of winning it. even if he wasn't coming up with anything different. Let's be honest Grieve is another Tilson, I don't mean that as a criticism, but bought for a specific purpose/role in mind that is missing in the squad and provide some cover, but very basic overall level. It's like having a blocked drain, and only having enough money to get poundland drain unblocker.

However, while times are unstable just now, there is no need to change the manager, and certainly no need to threaten us with fecking Lennon!
    [/QUOTE]

They certainly did employ a game plan, and it wasnt like they didnt already know how we would react. We are so predictable that they could afford to let us play, soak things up for 25 minutes, make some changes knowing we would not utilise our bench soon enough. Our first change on 76mins was preceded by 4 changes of theirs.

Moult was done in, and i think Kai was blowing oot his erse at the same time and should have been changed earlier, then bringing on guys with no time to do anything yet again is criminal!

They certainly did employ a game plan, and it wasnt like they didnt already know how we would react. We are so predictable that they could afford to let us play, soak things up for 25 minutes, make some changes knowing we would not utilise our bench soon enough. Our first change on 76mins was preceded by 4 changes of theirs.

Moult was done in, and i think Kai was blowing oot his erse at the same time and should have been changed earlier, then bringing on guys with no time to do anything yet again is criminal![/QUOTE]

Look at our bench and tell me there are game changers on it! It's weak as pi55. All this talk of the manager not making subbies earlier to try and change the game a bit makes me lol. The guys on our bench are there to replace injured or tired players from our starting 11 and nothing more......there are none and I repeat no players on our bench that can spark a bit of life in to a game at any point as they just not good enough.

Raith fan
    "I can't believe we won that. We were so under the cosh for long stretches of the game it was unbelievable, and then that worldie. Happy days."

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Played poorly??? No idea what game you were watching , paid the price for missing to many chances
    I agree with this. I don't think we didn't did enough in the final third to merit a win though. This leaves you open to a goal at the end and we paid the price today.

We've won a lot of games by keeping clean sheets and not doing that versus them has cost us dearly.

One speed.
    Pedestrian
    Boring
    No game plan except plan A
    No imagination
    Laziness throughout

Need i go on. JG has put a mark all over this team and it doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree with this. I don't think we didn't did enough in the final third to merit a win though. This leaves you open to a goal at the end and we paid the price today.

We've won a lot of games by keeping clean sheets and not doing that versus them has cost us dearly.
    Agree T , lack of creativity in the final third second half cost us ,struggle to break down defences been a failing the longer this season has gone on

Two points clear in mid- Feb, could be worse. As I keep saying they MUST win the league, a play off against the likes of Ross County looks grim. Livi look doomed so it would prob be Ross County or Motherwell if United somehow blow it.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)