+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

It's one game and let's be honest, for Raith it was one of those games where they hit the jackpot getting a win from that

It's all about how we respond, on and off the pitch, the team need to use it, channel the frustration and put a nice run together starting next week, all difficult games but we are more than capable, I've no doubt RR will drop pts in upcoming games and the fans will hopefully get behind the team and manager remainder of season

If so we will get where we've been under pressure to be from the start and we as a collective,, fans, Goodwin and the team will have our giruy moment in the next couple months

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's one game and let's be honest, for Raith it was one of those games where they hit the jackpot getting a win from that

It's all about how we respond, on and off the pitch, the team need to use it, channel the frustration and put a nice run together starting next week, all difficult games but we are more than capable, I've no doubt RR will drop pts in upcoming games and the fans will hopefully get behind the team and manager remainder of season

If so we will get where we've been under pressure to be from the start and we as a collective,, fans, Goodwin and the team will have our giruy moment in the next couple months
    I can’t help but get the vision of comical Ali out my head when Shedka or Cobra post , although thankfully Cobra seems to have disappeared , hopefully never to return a complete embarrassment of a poster

That was a very very scary read,the academy stuff was probably the most frightening.

Raith have won exactly the same amount of games as us! They are 100% title challengers and we are going to have to raise our game to pull away from them. Not getting out of this leauge, would IMO, spell disaster for the club. It feels like we are always waiting for some sort of reaction from our players/manager.....like we will in the next game....but it never seems to happen. We are acting like a team that just believes that it will all work out in the end. That is exactly the reason that we dropped out of the league. We are not shoe ins for winning this league...not by a long shot!! Complacency could well derail us. The team and management need to refocus. The fans have been amazing, we are doing everything that is expected of us.....the team need to give their heads a wobble and we need to go on the kind of eun that we had at the start of the season.

Would just like see Goodwin trying something different , we are far to predictable same old every week , was chatting to one of the few blue noses I know who gives an honest opinion , his take on Friday was pretty similar to most we didn’t do enough with the amount of the ball we had also feels system we play is to rigid and predictable, couldn’t argue with him

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree on Wotherspoon.For some reason Meekison is never given a run of games, how is any player able to give a decent performance when he gets 20 minutes playing time every 3rd or 4th game? My point was he offers us something that no other person in the squad does he showed that in his 20 minutes against Dunfermline, we absolutely lack creativity hence the reason we dominate the ball and have no real threat for the amount of ball we have. Meekison can play the wee ball round the corner, the one twos in tight spaces, he finds space that nobody else does for us. He deserves a chance to show what he can do
    I do like Meekison. He's got potential that comes with having bags of natural ability. I'm just not sure he's ready to take games by the scruff of the neck. Whenever he's started he's been poor imo, much like Mochrie. It's easy to look good coming on with 20 minutes to go. Unfortunately for him, his injuries have came just at the wrong time, right in his make or break season with us.

The bit about Middleton and Fortherham is what I've been saying and thinking for a long time. Both are OK players but in reality just don't offer enough regularly despite the stats of both. The team needs pace in these positions and defenders keep up with both no bother at all, it's all too predictable. I do think kai could offer more down the left but Middleton offers less than nothing on the right. Miller Thomson could be an option on the right with Kai getting a chance on the left. Mix it up and get some pace in that team.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I do like Meekison. He's got potential that comes with having bags of natural ability. I'm just not sure he's ready to take games by the scruff of the neck. Whenever he's started he's been poor imo, much like Mochrie. It's easy to look good coming on with 20 minutes to go. Unfortunately for him, his injuries have came just at the wrong time, right in his make or break season with us.
    Good management would be to realize the potential and the fact he offers something no one else does, put an arm round his shoulder and say to him you're starting the next 5 games there's your opportunity to show us what you can do, my impressions when he has started is that he plays the safe option because he's scared to make a mistake. Let's be honest there are plenty who have absolute shockers but are automatically selected the next week why should he be held to a different standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    Good management would be to realize the potential and the fact he offers something no one else does, put an arm round his shoulder and say to him you're starting the next 5 games there's your opportunity to show us what you can do, my impressions when he has started is that he plays the safe option because he's scared to make a mistake. Let's be honest there are plenty who have absolute shockers but are automatically selected the next week why should he be held to a different standard.
    Exactly, competition for places is healthy. When you start to have complacency that then spreads throughout the team. Another thing that many years ago wouldn't be tolerated is getting right back into the starting line-up after injury without building up your match fitness. Calls for Grimshaw to be maybe replaced by Freeman. When though did Freeman last have a competitive 90 minutes?

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)