+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Changing the manager would send out the wrong signals, and other teams would feed off that, this is not the time to do it. But........ something ain't right (yet again)

With not being at the match and watching on TV, I did notice, we are not as good as I thought we were.
    Only complain I have is not taking chances , bossed most of the game

The only thing I see is united playing poorly.wi a manager who sends out the message to.others we are sh1te. I wont change my mind about Goodwin. This has been coming for.months. if raith hadn't had a bad patch they would be clear.and out of sight. We either change manager or we will be in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post
    Our current team would be brutally hammered in the Premier league.
    You keep saying stuff like this. Why? It's not as if we'll be playing Premiership football with this group of players if we go up. No team ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    United and plastic pitches are like Hampden and the final hurdle. We'll master them when they get ditched.
    The difference in our results between the surfaces is remarkable.

In all away matches league and cup

Grass

W9 D1 L0

Plastic

W2 D1 L4

Quote Originally Posted by Utd83 View Post
    The only thing I see is united playing poorly.wi a manager who sends out the message to.others we are sh1te. I wont change my mind about Goodwin. This has been coming for.months. if raith hadn't had a bad patch they would be clear.and out of sight. We either change manager or we will be in the play offs.
    Played poorly??? No idea what game you were watching , paid the price for missing to many chances

Thought we played well dominated possession had a host of chances and were undone by an offside goal and a wonder strike. Raith only came into it after the substitutions and even then didn’t create a lot. If Watt had scored with our first chance after some very good inter passing it might have been different. Felt he and Moult missed some big chances but their keeper made some really good saves. Someone said in another post about us just playing long balls at the end but Raith were camped in and it nearly paid off with Holt forcing a good save from the keeper. It’s hard for subs coming on last ten minutes and trying to get up to the speed of the game. IMO you are better not making subs then unless for an injury or somebody tiring badly which shouldn’t really happen.
    We are still top and that was our first defeat on the road so all in we are not that bad.
    Just thought I would post something positive.

All that possession and chances, and for the attacking players to not get a goal from open play is so disappointing. Second half I can only remember Grahams header from a set piece that the ref saw an imaginary foul, Watt not hitting the target on the edge of the box, and Holt header at the end when we just throwing everyone in the box. First half we actually had decent possession and decent chances, second half was just so predictable with our attacking.

U can have as much possession as you want but if u do nowt wi it In the final 3rd u dont win games. Everyone could see we needed changes early second half as things were not working. But Goodwin stuck to his game plan yet again and we end up losing cos of it. I am fed up watching this slow passing/moving game plan he has. Even the 2 out at corners p1sh. Changes required before its 2 late.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    Thought we played well dominated possession had a host of chances and were undone by an offside goal and a wonder strike. Raith only came into it after the substitutions and even then didn’t create a lot. If Watt had scored with our first chance after some very good inter passing it might have been different. Felt he and Moult missed some big chances but their keeper made some really good saves. Someone said in another post about us just playing long balls at the end but Raith were camped in and it nearly paid off with Holt forcing a good save from the keeper. It’s hard for subs coming on last ten minutes and trying to get up to the speed of the game. IMO you are better not making subs then unless for an injury or somebody tiring badly which shouldn’t really happen.
    We are still top and that was our first defeat on the road so all in we are not that bad.
    Just thought I would post something positive.
    The doomsayers are out in force tonight. Played better than we did at Ayr where we got 3 pts. I didn’t see it as tippy tippy football. Some are complaining about playing long balls yet if we keep possession it’s tippy tippy. If you don’t have the ball you won’t score.

That result sits 100% with Goodwin. Murray made changes and went for the win...we took off our better players and went for a draw.
    Raith have been winning games all season in the last 10 minutes , they made a move to try and win the game....and we did nothing! I genuinely think that we got complacent and thought that a win or a draw was the worst that we could get. Once again, we didn't get the performance that our support deserve or that the occassion needed....a pretty consistent review of our big games this season. If this was a one off, freak result, then I wouldn't be worried....but this is every big game! Goodwin, the captain and the deputy captain need to get a rocket up their arrse!

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)