+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Raith Away

The games against Raith are the most important of this season.

This is the one match when if we can win decisively we can guarantee ourselves a gap and a bit of breathing space to push on and possibly enjoy the rest of the season

We need to win and get out of this league.

If Raith get some momentum and with Stanton on his way back they can start winning again and are the danger we face

Not sure if Gallagher can make it back or if Louis will be ok for starting on the plastic

Walton
    Grimshaw Graham Holt McMann
    Doc Sibbald
    Kai Wotherspoon Middleton
    Moult

Watt has given a very valuable contribution but I am just a bit wary of starting him when he can sometimes be so off it recently when he has been started up front.

This is the one that really counts. A definite 6-pointer

COME ON UNITED !!!

We have to start this game with the right attitude and we cannot have any player having an off day! For some reason, we haven't been able to get it right for "big games" since the split last season. The Raith players played the last game ike it was a cup final and we deservedly got beat...hopefully the memories of them celebrating at. full time is fresh in our lads. memories!
    Funnily, this one won't affect our league position if it doesn't go our way.....so it isn't, technically a "must win", although if we manage to put them to the sword, I think it pushes them into a play off battle rather than a league winner battle.
    The fact that JG managed to have a plan B for the second half against Ayr is encouraging...but I would much rather we didn't need it!
    If the players turn up, play with confidence and manage to get some shots at goal to go along with the possession, then I think we can run out comfortable winners. We need every single one of the players to have a decent game...with no passengers!
    2-0 united... Spoondog & Holt

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    We have to start this game with the right attitude and we cannot have any player having an off day! For some reason, we haven't been able to get it right for "big games" since the split last season. The Raith players played the last game ike it was a cup final and we deservedly got beat...hopefully the memories of them celebrating at. full time is fresh in our lads. memories!
    Funnily, this one won't affect our league position if it doesn't go our way.....so it isn't, technically a "must win", although if we manage to put them to the sword, I think it pushes them into a play off battle rather than a league winner battle.
    The fact that JG managed to have a plan B for the second half against Ayr is encouraging...but I would much rather we didn't need it!
    If the players turn up, play with confidence and manage to get some shots at goal to go along with the possession, then I think we can run out comfortable winners. We need every single one of the players to have a decent game...with no passengers!
    2-0 united... Spoondog & Holt
    I hope it's an away win but I can't see past a home win. Raith have had a very poor run lately but are unbeaten against Unitit and will be confident of getting back on track 3-1, with spoon dog getting the consolation for unitit.

It will be a close title race I think. Closer than in the top tier, which rangers should have wrapped up pretty soon I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    I hope it's an away win but I can't see past a home win. Raith have had a very poor run lately but are unbeaten against Unitit and will be confident of getting back on track 3-1, with spoon dog getting the consolation for unitit.

It will be a close title race I think. Closer than in the top tier, which rangers should have wrapped up pretty soon I expect.
    You utterly sad attention seeking hun fud.

Cool! Should make for an exciting end to the season. Maybe we should make a bet on it?

Rangers and Raith win their respective leagues, and I will acknowledge your club as the same club...history intact, etc

Celtic and United win...and you must accept that your club/history died when it was liquidated.

Seems like a fun wee side bet.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Cool! Should make for an exciting end to the season. Maybe we should make a bet on it?

Rangers and Raith win their respective leagues, and I will acknowledge your club as the same club...history intact, etc

Celtic and United win...and you must accept that your club/history died when it was liquidated.

Seems like a fun wee side bet.
    I don't gamble for religious reasons pal, please respect that and drop it.

I've said numerous times that I accepted rangers being a new club, however I don't make the decisions and it seems that it was decided it wasnae and the history stays. Sorry about that pal , me and you cannae change it by having a wee disagreement but if it makes you happy, I don't really care. We stopped tiar and got to a European final and the Kerpit sweepers have blown it. Oh and I hope your clubs goes up and the Dundee derby comes back, Ib ex always liked dufc. Dundee are a very very good side noo!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    I don't gamble for religious reasons pal, please respect that and drop it.

I've said numerous times that I accepted rangers being a new club, however I don't make the decisions and it seems that it was decided it wasnae and the history stays. Sorry about that pal , me and you cannae change it by having a wee disagreement but if it makes you happy, I don't really care. We stopped tiar and got to a European final and the Kerpit sweepers have blown it. Oh and I hope your clubs goes up and the Dundee derby comes back, Ib ex always liked dufc. Dundee are a very very good side noo!
    "Dundee" have won 6 (six) times this season in 22 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    "Dundee" have won 6 (six) times this season in 22 starts.

27% is massive for the fun

Sales very good, behind the goal will be gone in the coming days

Think we need to be careful and not be complacent with they recent form of them, they still have the attacking players that can cause problems, we need to be right for it from the off and to show them we are a better side, give them nothing

Last time they took the lead and we responded and got the draw, let's see hour they handle going behind to us

They have been leaking a fair few goals....so we need to be making sure we are taking our chances. We need to be putting pressure on their keeper and forcing saves from the off...something that we have struggled to do. We need to be braver in the final third and not be shy in front of goal. If we do this and manage to keep it tight at the back, then I reckon we will be fine. We 100% need our attacking players to be on form for this! It would be good to get Moult back in amongst the goals....and it would be good to see our defenders causing problems at corners. Now would be a good time for these players to put in the kind of performance we have been begging for in a big game.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)