+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

His interview after the match has made me even angrier! We started going route 1 after their second goal which became predictable. We should have been passing it more!

One thing Jim was short on last night was luck, a managerial ingredient without which you're toast.

With just a couple of minutes to go seeing out the draw was the right thing to do, a draw being like a defeat to Raith.

And seeing the game out with minutes to go does not involve bringing on tactical subbies, there's no time to get into the game.

Then Brown comes away with his howitzer out of nowhere.

Unlucky, that's all.

We'll still win the league, just makes it a wee bit more exciting.

Can always find excuses for last night. Freak goal, the pitch, referee, Raith lucky, we were the better team etc.
    Truth is though we bottled yet another massive game, with a huge support who were spot on the whole game. Let down yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscean View Post
    Two points clear in mid- Feb, could be worse. As I keep saying they MUST win the league, a play off against the likes of Ross County looks grim. Livi look doomed so it would prob be Ross County or Motherwell if United somehow blow it.
    It is worse. We're only one point clear 😉😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It is worse. We're only one point clear 😉😂
    I was assuming he was including the goal difference factor.

As disappointing as the result was, I actually thought we played quite well. I've definitely seen us play worse and win. We were outdone by our poor finishing and a brilliant strike.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I was assuming he was including the goal difference factor.

As disappointing as the result was, I actually thought we played quite well. I've definitely seen us play worse and win. We were outdone by our poor finishing and a brilliant strike.
    Spot on T

In my opinion we should have won that game; but in fairness RR did have couple of chances to go 2 up, when we had fluffed our lines on a few occasions after they went up. However we were the better side overall, but if you don’t score you have little chance to win. Striker coach is being mentioned, I don’t believe in over coaching, if you are striker you should know where the goal is; notwithstanding you need service. What’s Billy Dodds doing, if we have to go down that route.

Subs far too late and love him or hate him Cudjoe should have been on to give RR defence something else to think about, as they did with Connolly etc!

The united will win league lobby that most seem to think among the punditry and other teams; reminds me of seasons where ‘we were too good and too big a club to go down.’ Well we maybe a big club but we are nowhere near what we should be; it’s almost as if we think we just have to turn up and we’ll get a result and we know teams will raise their game, if we don’t play what’s in front of us and adapt then we get what we deserve; agreed great strike, why can’t we do that.

Get a grip united and start going for the kill! You have let the fans down too many times this season and if nothing else that’s what football is about

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Can always find excuses for last night. Freak goal, the pitch, referee, Raith lucky, we were the better team etc.
    Truth is though we bottled yet another massive game, with a huge support who were spot on the whole game. Let down yet again.
    Nothing to do with bottle , beaten by a goal out of nothing is not bottling it

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    lets talk about that support. i was there last night.The fans were generating lots of atmosphere but as soon as raith scored it all stopped dead. Then the shouting started then we scored and it went back up to supporting again.

We as a support cant handle any sort of aversity in a game, as soon as we concede a goal and misplace a couple of passes fans loose their minds. its quite incredible

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Nothing to do with bottle , beaten by a goal out of nothing is not bottling it
    yeah their 3 subs changed the momentum of the game, they score then Graham and Grimshaw (who needs replaced badly) start panicking and punting the ball into the box while the likes of Mochrie is screaming for the ball to feet.

The manager said as much in the post match. WELL ****ING SCREAM AT THEM ON THE PITCH NOT TO DO IT THEN.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)