+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillips

Phillips

Such a shame that having sold his soul for 30 pieces of silver that his time at Schitty was so unrewarding (in football terms, his bank balance will show improvement) and the start at Spam has been somewhat less than stellar. Or not, given the turncoat cnut.

Wasted 2yrs of his career and when he retires I have a feeling he will look back with some regret despite been well wedged up.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Such a shame that having sold his soul for 30 pieces of silver that his time at Schitty was so unrewarding (in football terms, his bank balance will show improvement) and the start at Spam has been somewhat less than stellar. Or not, given the turncoat cnut.
    You bear him no ill feeling then? 🤔😂

The way Bielsa got the heave ho always meant he was then likely to go. Good luck to him - he is set for life and has a few medals now - he is also probably a lot wiser and through it all has kept his comments to himself.

Hope it goes well for him at Spam but may take a while for them to get on the same wave length given who he trained with at City.

Yep agree hopey really hope he does well at the spammers and gets his career back on track.

Suppose been sat on yer arse for 2 yrs and getting paid thousands ain't a bad gig to be on

He could be getting a new manager at spam soon too if things don't improve.

Anyway, I much prefer Ampadu.

Not being a dick.....

He can keep his 30 pieces of silver but I'd much rather have played my career somewhere that I was a key player and the team counted on me rather than riding the bench. So few of us are given the ability and the chance to play at the highest level of our occupation and he sold out for money. I understand the first year. He was going for the gold. However, once he realized he wasn't good enough to break into the lineup and chose to stay another year he was little different than a street walker. He chose money over another chance somewhere else.

Now he's a "has been". He's like ronaldo, drogba, messi and others that have gone to inferior league/teams for money.

It's sad that such a Leeds great ended up being a groupie for Citeh and the Hammers.

I think he was maybe just a little bit naive in that he may have assumed Pep would have the same view of him as Bielsa.

Think City bought him more to stop Liverpool and Arsenal getting him than because they really wanted him.

Still think he may end up playing as a passing centre half as he reads the game very well and plays well when everything is in front of him (as opposed to being turned constantly).

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Not being a dick.....

He can keep his 30 pieces of silver but I'd much rather have played my career somewhere that I was a key player and the team counted on me rather than riding the bench. So few of us are given the ability and the chance to play at the highest level of our occupation and he sold out for money. I understand the first year. He was going for the gold. However, once he realized he wasn't good enough to break into the lineup and chose to stay another year he was little different than a street walker. He chose money over another chance somewhere else.

Now he's a "has been". He's like ronaldo, drogba, messi and others that have gone to inferior league/teams for money.

It's sad that such a Leeds great ended up being a groupie for Citeh and the Hammers.
    Couldn't have put it better myself, only to add that the hypocritical shyte he spouted just before signing for Sh1tty made the leaving extra rank.

Well, he certainly could never play the ball quickly in tight spaces when playing for us even when receiving roll outs fom our keepers.

Would appear he still cannot do that task & still gets caught out in possession if pressed, again highlighted in his 2 outings for West Ham leading to goals being scored.

Injuries aside, think Italy's Serie A would have suited him better as far more room & space for him to play in - but it's fair to say some folks personalities are not "change enthusiasts" so they have faith in the status quo with a preference for keeping things the way they are.

Kalvin fits that type of person, imo, which is a shame cos if he had stretched his mental side he would have been a far better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Well, he certainly could never play the ball quickly in tight spaces when playing for us even when receiving roll outs fom our keepers.

Would appear he still cannot do that task & still gets caught out in possession if pressed, again highlighted in his 2 outings for West Ham leading to goals being scored.

Injuries aside, think Italy's Serie A would have suited him better as far more room & space for him to play in - but it's fair to say some folks personalities are not "change enthusiasts" so they have faith in the status quo with a preference for keeping things the way they are.

Kalvin fits that type of person, imo, which is a shame cos if he had stretched his mental side he would have been a far better player.
    His "performance" since leaving Leeds would suggest that he has a very limited "mental side" with equally limited capability to "stretch". Shame that.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)