+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Phillips

It is a free choice. If LUFC put up their ticket prices next season I am free to make a choice as to whether I pay it or not. It’s not deep or complicated. Sport is a discretionary spend by those that follow it surely?

Pleased you’re not going to start any more similar threads but suspect you may like the last word 😊

Don't call......

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    It is a free choice. If LUFC put up their ticket prices next season I am free to make a choice as to whether I pay it or not. It’s not deep or complicated. Sport is a discretionary spend by those that follow it surely?

Pleased you’re not going to start any more similar threads but suspect you may like the last word ��
    So peer pressure, the demands from children, the desperate (and I mean, desperate, seen it, done it, got the f00king baseball cap) desire to remain connected to a club that you have followed as man and boy for decades play no part in mitigating the "freedom" you are so clear about?

"Free" is never unencumbered by considerations of real life (at least for those living what most would consider real life, and I exclude Mr Phillips and just about every other Premiership footballer from that community). For all my life I have been "free" to make decisions, but that freedom has always (and I mean, ALWAYS) been mitigated by the demands of real life, and that's what I was referring to by the pressures on the "little people". My sympathy for them is borne out of the exposure to similar pressures and the life experiences they result in

Phillips and the like could be free, if they chose to be, but they choose (or at least in his case he chose) to become/remain a slave to mammon, and is likely to suffer/is suffering as a consequence. I can't imagine what it must be like to be Phillips, but he gets zero sympathy (as you might have gathered) from yours truly.

Reply if you wish, you can have the last word then.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So peer pressure, the demands from children, the desperate (and I mean, desperate, seen it, done it, got the f00king baseball cap) desire to remain connected to a club that you have followed as man and boy for decades play no part in mitigating the "freedom" you are so clear about?

"Free" is never unencumbered by considerations of real life (at least for those living what most would consider real life, and I exclude Mr Phillips and just about every other Premiership footballer from that community). For all my life I have been "free" to make decisions, but that freedom has always (and I mean, ALWAYS) been mitigated by the demands of real life, and that's what I was referring to by the pressures on the "little people". My sympathy for them is borne out of the exposure to similar pressures and the life experiences they result in

Phillips and the like could be free, if they chose to be, but they choose (or at least in his case he chose) to become/remain a slave to mammon, and is likely to suffer/is suffering as a consequence. I can't imagine what it must be like to be Phillips, but he gets zero sympathy (as you might have gathered) from yours truly.

Reply if you wish, you can have the last word then.
    You just say NO!

Leeds born and bred and has trophies in the cabinet, enough cash in the bank for life, Euro final and played well for England. Given his background and hard start in life the boy has ‘done good’.

Pleased for him no matter what happens going forward.

Are players that travel in the other direction viewed by some on here in the same way?? Those that we entice are they not then also taking the Kings Shilling, no doubt leaving behind some disgruntled forum posters on their clubs forums.
    A crazy hole picking thread,

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Are players that travel in the other direction viewed by some on here in the same way?? Those that we entice are they not then also taking the Kings Shilling, no doubt leaving behind some disgruntled forum posters on their clubs forums.
    A crazy hole picking thread,
    Don't know the answer that that question, and in any case you have it ar5e about face (not for the first time). The more apposite query would be what fans/supporters of those incoming players feel about their "favourites" having jumped ship and joined the good ship LUFC. I don't care (and why should you).

Of course, if their departing sweethearts have professed an undying love of the club, a fervent belief that without that club they "wouldn't be who they are/were), their disgruntlement might be well placed. And?

I haven't criticised Schitty fans for welcoming (or otherwise) the arrival of Phillips, nor that of Spam fans the same (although I suspect few were as warmly disposed to him coming on loan as even the Schitty fans were when he was sold to that lovely club). No, my criticism is, and has always been of the hypocrisy of the player, and no-one and nothing will change that.

Maybe next time you will contribute when the thread starts, not when it finishes (or perhaps not at all)

Shooting kites that haven’t been flown comes to mind sometimes

Reading of all thats being said, we must undergo the negative experience of earning money in order to purchase the positive experiences that we’re after.
    Thats what is often said to folks that i've spent time with during group re-hab situations often with players struggling within their life.

When the way we earn money & the way we spend money are aligned with one another then everything is a positive experience & all is good.

But once those positive experiences have come & gone we’re forced to return to the negative experience like Kalvin finds himself in.

The key is "Who is the real Kalvin" ?

For him it’s no longer about the accumulation of stuff but rather the attainment of "worthwhile experiences" !
    That’s where the real independent abundance of "prosperity" comes from.

So the cycle starts again (like this thread).🤔

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)