+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billings sending off

Billings sending off

Sorry I haven't got the clip but having seen the sending off today against Florist I was flabbergasted. It wasnt half as bad as the one on Jodie against Barrow but was deemed a straight red !! If ever proof of an injustice was committed then this was it !!!...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Sorry I haven't got the clip but having seen the sending off today against Florist I was flabbergasted. It wasnt half as bad as the one on Jodie against Barrow but was deemed a straight red !! If ever proof of an injustice was committed then this was it !!!...
    I think that Jones tackle all though blatant was a trip and nasty, Billings was more of a stamp on the guys heel, plus we don’t have var to check on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    He stamped on him and snapped his Achilles which you could clearly see the state his calf and leg was in after.
    Should be done for ABH aswell stamp was that bad.
    This was 10 times worse that JJ tackle against Barrow.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    He stamped on him and snapped his Achilles which you could clearly see the state his calf and leg was in after.
    Should be done for ABH aswell stamp was that bad.
    This was 10 times worse that JJ tackle against Barrow.
    Might need to review it again..looked like a trip to me at first viewing..

Ref Rebecca Welch got it right, straight red...Plus Danny Murphy and Shay Given agreed it was a red on MOTD 2 so it must have been the right call

Sorry to disagree but both "tackles " mentioned were worthy of red cards.
    I saw the foul on JJ and Stephenson launched into the tackle ,from the side/ rear , which was serious foul play and endangering an opponent. No way would I term that a trip or "taking a yellow card for the team !"
    With regards to the Billings tackle, a stamp or continuation after the original tackle IMHO merits violent conduct.
    Despite all the so called superior training of full time officials , these robotic clones don't seem to know the difference .
    We were probably spoilt during the years when referee's were individual characters , some very , very ,good some indifferent and some quite poor.
    These days it seems we 're levelling down with the majority being consistently poor .
    Rightly, or wrongly , officials these days , have to contend with scrutiny by social media. Some referee's however regularly attract negative reviews in matchday comments by fans and referee review forums.
    The full time County FA Referees' Development Officer ,who officiated in a recent Notts away game , being one who has had very poor reviews for his last three matches.