+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameron as left back? 442

Cameron as left back? 442

Not that I can see us changing shape or formation anytime soon, we all sit there and think what would we do differently.

Would a 442 or 4411 help us solidify the back line and still create chances?

By my reckoning, Macari could play RB without too much stress.
    Baldwin and Warner in the middle.
    Cameron at left back is my concern. Has he got the legs for it and the concentration? I’m not his biggest fan anyways, but his lack of concentration, his throwing himself to the floor antics and his lack of defensive nouse worry me.

If Chicksen was fit, I suppose he could come in?

Stone
    Macari Baldwin Warner Cameron

Robertson as the anchor midfielder to put his foot in (which he did more and more at the weekend) and a creative passer next to him. On current form Bostock and Crawley are a no for me, leaving us with untested Colkett. (No idea about the guy until we’ve seen him a few times. Is he even match fit?)
    Leave JJ and Nemane to be proper wingers.

Nemane Robertson Colkett Jones

Front pairing of Macca and Didzy, both rotating off each other with the dropping back etc…

Macca Didzy.

Do we lose too much creativity wise in the middle?
    Would Nemane and JJ prosper without so many defensive duties, including throw ins?
    Would the defence stand up better with a deeper line of 4?
    Cameron and the 2nd midfielder slot are the worries. Bostock should hold that place or Crawley, but they’re both badly out of form.

I'd be very surprised if the new manager adopted a 4-4-2. I think the most that might happen, if results were iffy, is a change away from a back three towards a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3.

Regarding Kyle Cameron, I think he's a good footballer but not a natural defender, so I'm not sure he would be any stronger at left-back than at centre-half. He does indeed lose concentration too often, and he sees danger far too late, which is why he has to use panic measures or claiming fake fouls to get himself out of trouble. I think his long-term future could be as a midfielder as long as he's willing to put in the shift required, because his ability as a passer isn't in doubt, and being in the hurly-burly of the centre of the park might help him focus more.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Not that I can see us changing shape or formation anytime soon, we all sit there and think what would we do differently.

Cameron at left back is my concern. Has he got the legs for it and the concentration? I’m not his biggest fan anyways, but his lack of concentration, his throwing himself to the floor antics and his lack of defensive nouse worry me.

Stone

Robertson as the anchor midfielder to put his foot in (which he did more and more at the weekend) and a creative passer next to him. On current form Bostock and Crawley are a no for me, leaving us with untested Colkett. (No idea about the guy until we’ve seen him a few times. Is he even match fit?)

Front pairing of Macca and Didzy, both rotating off each other with the dropping back etc…

Macca Didzy.

Would Nemane and JJ prosper without so many defensive duties, including throw ins?
    Cameron and the 2nd midfielder slot are the worries. Bostock should hold that place or Crawley, but they’re both badly out of form.
    I would love to see Nemane and Jones used as proper wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post

Stone

Macca Didzy.

We haven't got any creativity in midfield, all we do is give the ball away in dangerous positions, which then lead to goals against. Bostock is the biggest culprit, and he needs dropping. All he can do is pass the ball either sideways, backwards or to one of their players. last season the opposition was not very good and he excelled, this season it is a totally different story and he has struggled to impose himself on the game..
    As for the team, i suggested reverting back to a 4 4 2 a while back to stem the flow of goals. This wouldnt compromise our attacking game, as we would still have Jones and Nemane operating in a 4 man midfield, with Obrien and Robertson in the middle.

Macca would be upfront with either Crowley or McGoldrick...

I'm not averse to seeing Cameron in midfield , he has all the attributes just need game experience i would think after a career at the back.

Unfortunately I think Cameron's future at Notts is fairly bleak. He's not good enough at the back for the reasons mentioned. I don't see why we would be faffing around trying to make him work in midfield. By next season Palmer will be back and we have signed Robertson and the new lad on loan from Crewe who's name I forget and if he works out will probably become a permanent fixture. So if they work out I cannot see him being required at all. My prediction is he will be either be warming the bench by next season or be shipped out on loan. He is also the captain which probably needs remedying quietly in the close season. Very hard to see a future for Cameron at Notts.

With all due respect to Cameron (and ignoring counterproductive sentimentality) he shouldn't feature in any plans to progress the team (along with Brindley).

Not sure why everyone’s worried about creating chances, there’s nothing to suggest we struggle now with the defensive improvement, we’ve just played the two best defences in the league and if anything have created more chances this time then in the reverse fixtures when we was playing all out attack the upcoming games will truly tell us whether we are going to create less not the past two

Perhaps he should be Left Back in the changing room.
    To be fair to him, we do have defenders who are not as good.

Asking us to play 2 CMs when most play 3 is just asking for trouble we'd get slaughtered even more imo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast