+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheffield the home of football.

Sheffield the home of football.

Sheffield football
    Season so far 23/24
    Blades/Owls Joint club table - c/o X.

Played 53
    Won 8
    Drawn 9
    Lost 36
    Points 33
    Scored 39
    Conceded 109
    Goal Difference -70

The Home of Football !

So let’s all cheer up and enjoy the 3rd division as poor as it is.

The home of football? More like the graveyard of football

IMO

No matter how big they are - and there’s no getting away from it they are - but they are finished as a football club - unless someone like the owners at Newcastle or Man City step in.
    And there’s not many of them around.
    Basically because Chansiri has run up so much debt with outlandish signings that it’s going to take at a guess £100 million +++ just to get the club stable.
    So if the knight in shining armour doesn’t arrive then that club is going to be treading water for some years to come.
    I can see Wednesday in the 4th tier - I can’t see them ever getting to the Premier.

United - I think the Fake Sheikh has done remarkably well to say he ain’t that wealthy - comparatively speaking of course.
    First of all he bought 50% of the club for £1.
    And then managed to hoodwink McCabe out of the other 50%.

He’s since bought expensive players - but they were small fry signings for the Premier.
    Most of those players failed the test.
    In my view Hecky was building a team last summer ready for the Championship this summer.
    So next season they will be a force again in the Championship.
    If they can keep bouncing between the leagues then the Fake Sheikh will get much more than his money back if he hasn’t already done so.

However - there’s no real football structure there (as there now is at Barnsley) - managers are appointed at United just on opinions.
    Those decisions have been found to be faulty in the past.
    If they appoint one useless manager - and up until Wilder arrived they had a string of them - then the trap door is waiting.

There's no 'football' structure at Oakwell either. We just sell our players to keep us in business, hence we have a 'business' structure Nudger.

Not attempting to hijack the thread Poggy. Sheffield United are probably in a good position financially thanks to their 2 promotions to the top flight in these last 5 years. Personally I think their signings are shrewd. They haven't done anything crazy to quote Paul Conway. To think of two players that they have signed- Diaz and Hamer who are top quality Championship performers and that will stand them in good stead for another pop at promotion next season in my opinion. Luton have done exactly the same but have a chance of survival unlike the Blades.

Wednesday though, forget it. They're fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    There's no 'football' structure at Oakwell either. We just sell our players to keep us in business, hence we have a 'business' structure Nudger.

Not attempting to hijack the thread Poggy. Sheffield United are probably in a good position financially thanks to their 2 promotions to the top flight in these last 5 years. Personally I think their signings are shrewd. They haven't done anything crazy to quote Paul Conway. To think of two players that they have signed- Diaz and Hamer who are top quality Championship performers and that will stand them in good stead for another pop at promotion next season in my opinion. Luton have done exactly the same but have a chance of survival unlike the Blades.

Wednesday though, forget it. They're fecked.
    The trouble is,us BLADES knew we'd be goin darn after the poor window in the summer and Diaz won't be with us next season cos he's only on loan and if he does ok wi us someone else will sign him or he'll go back to Spain.After 2 promotions to the money league in 4 years we should be ok financially but the prince keeps tellin us all we're skint.It's rubbish to watch at present but i've seen worse(alot worse)in my time.By the way i hope ur r8 abart the pigs. South Yorkshire football is a bad joke at this present time.Good luck for the rest of the season ROMA's Reds. UTB