+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan's Community Work

Dan's Community Work

Community Work Recognised

We are delighted to share some of the recent recognition that our successful Queen of the South Community Trust has been getting.

The amazing work on behalf of the community by Dan, Kieran and the team has been recognised in some very high places. Last week Dan Armstrong (& Dougie!) were invited by David Mundell to 10 Downing Street for a reception at which he met with the Rt Hon Lucy Frazer KC MP, Secretary of State for Culture Media & Sport, along with many other MP’s and Sports Champions. Dan was invited down as a Sports Champion for his work over several years growing the community footprint of the club. This was an amazing experience and helps to promote the work of the Trust in the community. With over 18 projects, from food provision to employability, education, after school provision, walking football, and everything in between, we are delighted that this hard work has been recognised.

Also last year, Dan was invited by Fiona Armstrong, Lord Lieutenant of Dumfries, to attend the King’s Garden Party at Holyrood House in Edinburgh in recognition of his work with the Community Trust. This was another opportunity to spread the word of the work done in the community by the Club and Trust and Dan was honoured to attend on their behalf.

The Community Trust also won the ‘Voluntary Group / Charity of the Year” whilst Dan Armstrong won the “Young Entrepreneur of the Year” at the annual D&G Life Awards before Christmas.

We’d like to take another opportunity to thank Dan and the team for everything they do.

The above is copied from the official site)

Our football team may be a shambles, but the work off the park is incredible.

It is these kind of initiatives that the QOS Trust and Dan is involved with that might attract/convince a non football loving 'local,' - with spare cash, to invest in the club for all that it does for the local community. If they were to do so, - there may be a boost to the on field activities.

I've debated the pro's and con's of asking any local celebrities, - and at the end of the day, - there is absolutely nothing to lose, - if he/she/they say "no"

You should get Beyonce or Drake to put in a word Jardi. He's over at the Grammy's in their esteemed company.

For all the work that Dan puts in (he absolutely does and he's a good guy), the crowds are still severely dwindling with no incentive for punters to go and watch. Yes, primarily we can put that down to the product on the park but their can always be more. It's a big(ish) town and should be the heart of the community

**there**

He/she/they could refer to their pronouns or it could simply be with reference to the plural.....who is it to say that more than one person might (not) be interested in supporting Dan's incredible work with the QOS Trust.

Too deep for a football chat, I'll steer clear

The silence from our BOD’s absolutely embarrassing. The football on show is shocking and let’s not even start on the state of the stadium.
    Dan is the only positive about the football club. Well played Sir

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    He/she/they could refer to their pronouns or it could simply be with reference to the plural.....who is it to say that more than one person might (not) be interested in supporting Dan's incredible work with the QOS Trust.
    Ahhh Calvin and Anathema. Sounds like a Bisto advert I know.
    Seriously jardi. Why would they go for ploughing money into a project like that when there are so many other ventures dealing directly with the vulnerable in our communities. Things like drug addiction agencies or mental health agencies. Hiding behind community work to get money for the club is almost fraudulent. If I was in such a position to help out and qos approached me for money for community projects then great, but if they used some of that money for putting a decent team on the park on a Saturday then I would be raging

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    The silence from our BOD’s absolutely embarrassing. The football on show is shocking and let’s not even start on the state of the stadium.
    Dan is the only positive about the football club. Well played Sir
    I would also like to thank the supporters who earlier in the week brushed up all the wet leaves outside
    the Portland Road end turnstiles and behind the '' new '' stand after reports of fans slipping badly last
    Saturday at the Hamilton game

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Ahhh Calvin and Anathema. Sounds like a Bisto advert I know.
    Seriously jardi. Why would they go for ploughing money into a project like that when there are so many other ventures dealing directly with the vulnerable in our communities. Things like drug addiction agencies or mental health agencies. Hiding behind community work to get money for the club is almost fraudulent. If I was in such a position to help out and qos approached me for money for community projects then great, but if they used some of that money for putting a decent team on the park on a Saturday then I would be raging
    There would be nothing fraudulent about it Fatfan, - merely their opportunity to say "thank you, but no thanks." If you don't let people know what you are doing, - you are not going to get any support, - financially or otherwise, - but if you make them aware of all the good that you do, there might come a time, - when he / she/ they decide to support the work of the club.

I'll say it once more: If you keep shtoom, - you'll get nothing, - but if you ask, - you might be surprised.

What are we scared of? A no reply, - or at worst "if you contact me again, - my lawyers will be in touch"....................there's literally nothing to lose, - but what is required is a direct contact, - so that the club can place in writing a polite request.

Thank goodness for Dan Armstrong as the BOD’s say absolutely nothing are their PR is nonexistent.

I actually feel sorry for the boy as he’s the one that’s gets every moan & groan from the supporters. The BOD are nowhere to be seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)