+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone game could be in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The biggest cause of soil compaction on football pitches is the removal of worms which aerate the soil but cause unsightly worm casts.
    I've been told that under soil heating is also a factor in causing soil compaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    I've been told that under soil heating is also a factor in causing soil compaction.
    The depth that the pipes are, would limit any decompaction/drainage work on the pitch. The pipes in Uniteds pitch were planned to be laid at 10" below surface level. but a few were not as deep as they should have been , so had to limit the depth that we had to work so there was no damage done to the pipework. If soil compaction is above pipe level, then there is a limit to any work that can be carried out to allow better drainage.

I was going to reply to post but I have decided that it is not worth the effort as I have more important things to deal with which is of no concern to you.
    What makes you think it would concern me?

Unlike a lot of members I attended annual financial meetings and AGMs where I was not frightened to ask questions.
    More of a nuisance than an inquisitor.

I have been a Dundee supporter for over 63 years. The first game I attended was in August 1960. How long have you been a Dundee supporter.
    63 years a Dee, good for you. Have you been as bitter, childish and petty for all of those 63 years? If so i feel sorry for all the people you attended games with or stood or sat beside.

54 years and counting for me. 54 years of mostly rational and reasonable points of view with my fellow supporters apart from a few occasions.

Can you honestly claim the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    63 years a Dee, good for you. Have you been as bitter, childish and petty for all of those 63 years? If so i feel sorry for all the people you attended games with or stood or sat beside.

54 years and counting for me. 54 years of mostly rational and reasonable points of view with my fellow supporters apart from a few occasions.

Can you honestly claim the same?
    By his own admission 28 years of Islay's support were as an armchair fan remember so in reality, not that he understands the term reality too well, he's supported the club for 35 years. Still a long time mind.

I've known of Islay for around 10 of those years and know that he's been a nuisance to the club throughout that time plus he was the same for an unknown number of years before that. Constantly jibing and criticising for at least 30% of your time as a fan of a club seems a strange way to show support for it to me but maybe I just have a different outlook on life.

Reading Roma’s replies re pitch and undersoil heating, I think he maybe the touchy feely groundsman from across the road, thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Reading Roma’s replies re pitch and undersoil heating, I think he maybe the touchy feely groundsman from across the road, thoughts ?
    Bertie Boy?

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Bertie Boy?
    The very one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    By his own admission 28 years of Islay's support were as an armchair fan remember so in reality, not that he understands the term reality too well, he's supported the club for 35 years. Still a long time mind.

I've known of Islay for around 10 of those years and know that he's been a nuisance to the club throughout that time plus he was the same for an unknown number of years before that. Constantly jibing and criticising for at least 30% of your time as a fan of a club seems a strange way to show support for it to me but maybe I just have a different outlook on life.

I remember him way back on the forum on the official site, did he not get banned from that or am i mistaken? If i am it will be suggested to me that i should do my homework before posting.

Then again i better watch what i am saying as he may be thinking i have crossed him and we all know what that means. Revenge will be taken and taken with no care on how much damage it causes.

I better keep my eyes peeled and my wits about me in future when i enter the Main stand at our grand old lady.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)