+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is rufc really a club that no one would buy

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    As a lifetime fan of the club, you'd give me a little leeway if I bought the club. I'd hopefully have Ronnie and Becks as the figureheads. But sooner or later, I wouldn't be, in your opinions, pushing the club forward quickly enough, and you'd all gradually turn on me, wanting a more ambitious owner
    For that reason, I'm out
    I don't think Becks would come back from the States for the delights of Rotherham.
    Breck on the other hand............ Sorry 🙂

Fair enough Mellow 😜

Great thread and Great opinions.
    Everyone.United for once lol.

I personally would invest a fair sum in the Club, but not buy outright.

TS is doing a solid job.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    There have been offers and regular enquiries.

Brin's stable lad will probably have told him about the offer from ex- Rotherham resident who now lives in U.S

He was less than impressed with the civility of certain people at RUFC and backed out
    Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It is an incredible story IBS if it's the same one I know of. It makes me sure TS is hanging on for the centenary.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I thought exactly the same.
    OK I'll put my hands up. It was me and I was disgusted that TS served me Early Grey in a mug! My intention was to buy the club, shut it down and thus free myself of moderating this site

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    OK I'll put my hands up. It was me and I was disgusted that TS served me Early Grey in a mug! My intention was to buy the club, shut it down and thus free myself of moderating this site
    I’m Spartacus

This site is priceless..
    You do a fantastic and dedicated job Cam..

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I thought you said 50/50 so we could both walk away?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Looks like you're right.

Financial fair play rules in the Championship could undergo a 'radical overhaul'.

At present, clubs in the second tier have a £39million threshold for losses over a three-year period. Exceeding this limit comes with punishments, including possible points deductions. Now, a report by the Telegraph claims that this method will be replaced by cost controls similar to Uefa's new plan to keep expenditure within 70 per cent of revenue.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rules-26673518
    If this rule comes in forget progress for us in the Champ as the rule will cripple us. At the moment there are two FFP tests in the Champ one relating to turnover and the other relating to losses, the £39m of accumulative losses mentioned above. This is aimed to stop wild spending by owners. Under these proposed new rules with our restricted turnover we would have a lower wage bill than is allowed now even with Tony's £2m a year from ASD.

Kent it's frightening to see the infra structure that already exists at Hull now without the proposed improvements and compare this with our non league training facilities and no academy to speak of or U23 set up.
    Fans then question why we can't compete for players.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    If this rule comes in forget progress for us in the Champ as the rule will cripple us. At the moment there are two FFP tests in the Champ one relating to turnover and the other relating to losses, the £39m of accumulative losses mentioned above. This is aimed to stop wild spending by owners. Under these proposed new rules with our restricted turnover we would have a lower wage bill than is allowed now even with Tony's £2m a year from ASD.
    So what you're saying then is we need to stay in the Championship to perform on a better operating basis as there's more allowance?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast