+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town Player Kian Harratt Suspended For Breaching FA Betting Rules.

Huddersfield Town Player Kian Harratt Suspended For Breaching FA Betting Rules.

Been reported -

Huddersfield Town 21 year old forward Kian Harratt, has been suspended for 4 month's,
    after placing 484 bets on football over a 3 year period.
    The forward has also been fined £3,200 for the rule breaches, which include betting on
    his own team Huddersfield Town.

Breaching FA Rules -

The ban relates to a series of betting breaches, that ran from June 2020 to June 2023,
    Harratt admitted to betting on matches he was involved in.
    The forward admitted that he bet on his own team to lose on multiple occasions saying,
    "Of the 44 bets of this nature that he placed, 36 involved Huddersfield Town", he said,
    " He was not in the match day squad for any of the fixtures involving Huddersfield Town,
    that he bet on, as he was either on loan or training with the reserves at this time,
    9 of the 36 bets was for Huddersfield Town to lose, but he was not in the squad for these
    games ".
    Huddersfield Town released a statement -
    Saying " Kian immediately admitted the offences upon being charged, & has fully
    cooperated with the subsequent FA & club investigations ".
    " The club will support the player, who is currently recovering from a hamstring injury ".

Kian Harrat explained to the FA that he began gambling, when he opened an online betting
    account on his 18th birthday.
    He first gambled on horse racing, to which he then turned to football, he did not try to
    hide his identity, he used his own name.
    The player said he tried to stop gambling on a number of occasions, but could not stop.

Sorry I would sack him, yes it’s harsh but he’s backed the hand that feeds him Huddersfield to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Sorry I would sack him, yes it’s harsh but he’s backed the hand that feeds him Huddersfield to lose.
    They have been playing s.hite though so he's probably made a lot of money from it, see your point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    They have been playing s.hite though so he's probably made a lot of money from it, see your point though.
    i wonder if any of our players have done the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    i wonder if any of our players have done the same?
    Can't really say can we. I would bet though, pardon the pun, that loads of bets are laid on for players each week by a third party.

Can't really say can we. I would bet though, pardon the pun, that loads of bets are laid on for players each week by a third party.
    No we can't

I reckon it is more widespread than these isolated bits of enforcement suggest

I can't anyone could be so stupid to do this. Gambling is against the FA rules and due to 'recent' cases the players are frequently reminded but they still fall foul.

Just get someone else (who you trust) to place your bets, only deal in cash and deny all knowledge if anyone says anything.

Alternatively, set up an 'on-line' account in your own name and just wait to get caught!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    I can't anyone could be so stupid to do this. Gambling is against the FA rules and due to 'recent' cases the players are frequently reminded but they still fall foul.

Just get someone else (who you trust) to place your bets, only deal in cash and deny all knowledge if anyone says anything.

Alternatively, set up an 'on-line' account in your own name and just wait to get caught!!!
    Not the brightest spark was he using his own name

Not the brightest spark was he using his own name
    Did he work at Silverwood pit Brin

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Did he work at Silverwood pit Brin
    Considering he's so young and pit's been shut since 94 I'd say no pal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast