+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Creepies

Creepies

Well, despite their decent away record recently, I expect the Alex to win this. For one reason or another I don't expect us to get a clean sheet either. I'm going for a bog-standard 2-1. I assume Charlie will be on the bench again but may get more than 5 minutes.

Really hope we can get another win, but more importantly come out of the game unscathed.

3-1 win

FGS Kirk

Crowd 4567

Agree with crowd. With 2 home games and a local derby in one week, I imagine crowds will be stretched a bit thinner. Plus neither Crawley or Harrogate will bring the throngs with them.
    Feeling a bit pensive over my Fanhub line-up prediction. No Austerfield again? As I mentioned in another thread, how useful are those 2 midfield loans going to be?
    Will Tracey, slightly encouraged by last week, begin putting in performances similar to his early season form?
    Despite the defensive midfield position, are we going to start scoring again?
    Sticking to my 2-1. Long overdue to score.

1 nil to the Aresen-alex (again!!!!!!)

That'll do 3 points / 3rd

Good to see Charlie back anorl

Bit of a dire watch though! We'll have to up it a bit on Tuesday.
    The sooner Tabs is back the better, then we might see more use of the midfield rather than playing down the sides all the time. A lot of play looked promising today but was let down by the final ball. Tracey doesn't seem to be benefitting from the coaching. Why did Cooney start? He is strong and enthusiastic but is still a bit of a throwback- no ball control and severely one-footed. Fitting that Billington came on a played the cross leading to the goal.
    Turns put a turn in and was probably good for MOTM. Couple of slips from Mickey but he was still immense. Really chuffed that Rio scored. He hasn't been getting into those positions lately yet today he could have ended up with a brace. Rowe is still held back by his decision-making. He could be such a talent. Nev worked hard again and looked the only one likely to score in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Bit of a dire watch though! We'll have to up it a bit on Tuesday.
    The sooner Tabs is back the better, then we might see more use of the midfield rather than playing down the sides all the time. A lot of play looked promising today but was let down by the final ball. Tracey doesn't seem to be benefitting from the coaching. Why did Cooney start? He is strong and enthusiastic but is still a bit of a throwback- no ball control and severely one-footed. Fitting that Billington came on a played the cross leading to the goal.
    Turns put a turn in and was probably good for MOTM. Couple of slips from Mickey but he was still immense. Really chuffed that Rio scored. He hasn't been getting into those positions lately yet today he could have ended up with a brace. Rowe is still held back by his decision-making. He could be such a talent. Nev worked hard again and looked the only one likely to score in the first half.
    I am guessing Cooney was selected to give Billington a rest. To be fair, Cooney has come off the bench and has an influence on the game. But he was not so good today. Tracey is at his best when the ball is played in front of him, not so effective with his back to goal. Turns looks an excellent signing, calm and collected and not incapable on the ball. Mickey does make a few mistakes and yet still seems to nail the MOTM award nearly every week. Well, except this week of course!I do think Rowe looks very good and I do feel we have improved him. I would not be disappointed if we signed him in the summer!

The match itself was dreadful and their tactics made it very difficult for us to play as we like to but they had nothing else.

To be fair, for us to be third in the table in February is an immense achievement given our initial predictions..To even get into the play offs would also be great but hey, lets enjoy where we are. Tuesday night will be a difficult game but we seem to be rising to the occasion when needed. All the top teams are suffering with results..

Lee Bell has exceeded expections and McGary was right in that LB not getting MoM was disgraceful being who we beat away in Jan..

Great post Mike, a pleasure to read.

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    Great post Mike, a pleasure to read.
    Somebody's hacked his account. It was positive and didn't criticise the academy!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    To be fair, for us to be third in the table in February is an immense achievement given our initial predictions..To even get into the play offs would also be great but hey, lets enjoy where we are. Tuesday night will be a difficult game but we seem to be rising to the occasion when needed. All the top teams are suffering with results..

Lee Bell has exceeded expections and McGary was right in that LB not getting MoM was disgraceful being who we beat away in Jan..
    Couldn't agree more Mike. I said last week he wouldn't get it but you have to ask if away wins at Barrow and Mansfield couldn't swing it, nothing will. Maybe a win at Stockport???