Palmylad, - well done sir!

A quick update for you. I spent an hour and a half with Dan on Wednesday in the pouring rain, and saw first hand the problems in the new stand where the seats are exposed to the weather. There is a large bird, - possibly an owl which roosts above the far left hand side, - nearest the terracing, - and obvious signs of seagulls and pigeons doing likewise throughout the east stand.

To cut a long story short, - Dan will get a supply of buckets, chamois leathers, and brushes to allow volunteers to clean the seats, and as Palmylad suggests, - this will be a regular job, - simply because birds are birds

In addition, I have asked Dan to get a large supply of WD40 to see if the first few rows of seats can be eased off to get them to flip back again, - so they don't have 2 inches of water lying on them!

The litter problem in the stadium is virtually nil, - compared to the places I tackle, - but once the growing season kicks in, there will be an outbreak of weeds, moss etc. The best way to tackle that is to wait until the weather is dry, - have the weeds etc cleared with a few hoes and then if someone has an appropriate ticket to spray the ground on a calm day. That will keep the weeds at bay for a few months.

Outside painting jobs could also be tackled, - but only after a decent dry spell.

Effectively, - Palmerston is like the Forth Bridge, - and will always need attention.

Dan is keen to allow volunteers to assist, - and if it suits people, - Saturday's around the match time when the weather improves and in the close season might be the best time.

That's the quick update.