+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another big loss

Another big loss

The latest Queens accounts are showing we made a loss of £212,000 for the latest financial year and the club are expecting to make a similar loss this year.

Did anyone else notice that the average number of employees is 44 whereas the year before last was 33? You also need to remember that these accounts are for the previous season so overall the picture does not look good for this season and part time football beckons if there is no turnaround on the pitch or a rather plush investor comes along but the current model is clearly not working and needs changing sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the average number of employees is 44 whereas the year before last was 33? You also need to remember that these accounts are for the previous season so overall the picture does not look good for this season and part time football beckons if there is no turnaround on the pitch or a rather plush investor comes along but the current model is clearly not working and needs changing sooner rather than later.

Could do with another few groundsmen. The place is a disgrace

2022 - £208,000 LOSS
    2023 - £212,000 LOSS
    2024 - the club are expecting similar losses yet again.
    Although we’ve still money in the bank we’re in serious trouble.

"Could do with another few groundsmen. The place is a disgrace."

That was so helpful Aloreburn! If you can't see that that would only add to the problem, - then best not to contribute!

I’m saddened by the mess of in & around Palmerston Jardi. It’s just another excuse for some not to attend.

Aloreburn, I fully concur that littering and general untidiness is unsightly. ...my God do I know that.....However, that does not deter people from coming, it is the lack of entertainment on offer.
    That being said, there is nothing worse that seagull guano on the seats, slippery leaves and litter, and that will certainly not entice the paying customer.
    Ian Wright has the 'Wright' idea and he realises that in the present financial climate, it is not possible for the club to pay to have the basics done, and if some fans can spare a couple of hours on a regular basis, then we could transform the stadium.
    A free cuppa in the cafe for any work carried out could work wonders for morale and improve the mental health of a lot of people......perhaps increasing the fan base, as they would have a real affinity with the club.
    I'd also like to see the young members of the club doing a bit of 'hosting' and cleaning, rather than being entirely detached from the older supporters.
    Queens need to become a real community club and welcome any help they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

That was so helpful Aloreburn! If you can't see that that would only add to the problem, - then best not to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

Jardi i agree with some of your comments but some I strongly disagree with. I’ll start with the disagree. For starters telling a supporter it’s best not to contribute with his opinions is not to clever at a time when this board is short of people giving there thoughts. It’s almost bordering on arrogance.
    Secondly the state of the place should not come down to supporters to improve. It’s like expecting a guest to come in and clean your house before asking them round for a cuppa.
    I commend Iain for the work he has done last week and I’m all for supporters helping out with the ground, but the club employs a groundsman who has no pitch to look after so what does he do. I get the fact he washes strips and does other jobs but the clue is in the job title!!!
    In my humble opinion there is a serious issue with the state of the ground, not all of which can be sorted by a groundsman. We have a wooden stand that has a substantial amount of asbestos in it. God forbid a safety certificate doesn’t get issues on that basis alone. We could go on and on but keeping the ground clean and tidy would cost the club next to nothing.
    I do agree that the entertainment on show is keeping a lot of supporters away. We all, or almost all, attend most if not all the games. We have all witnessed how poor we are and how much we have fallen in the last few seasons. But the club has not helped with this. There has been little encouragement by the club to get fans through the gate. Why don’t they get some entertainment for half time or before the game. Why don’t they get the first team out and about in the schools and working in the community. Why do they chase the likes of Ian black out who ran the museum superbly that got a lot of interest, and he done that on a voluntary basis. Failing to work with the fan liaison lads, meaning that fell off the radar
    I wonder if Iain has even had a thanks from the club for the work he has done.
    I am a qos fan, always have and always will be but I am under no illusion that the club has very little interest in any of the supporters. They can’t even give a hot water tap to wash your hands.
    To sum up we are a professional full time football club in name only as the way things are being run there was better facilities at holm park for amateur players.

The place is a disgrace and to shoot anyone down for saying it is hiding that issue in many ways. It is being fully accepted in many ways. Yes, there are other grounds in Scotland in a similar state, however a race to the bottom shouldn't even come into the thinking of anyone associated with QoS. Lead the way and sort it out........

Also, I'm in agreement with the previous post. I'd be all for fans maybe giving up a wee bit of time but the club show nothing but disdain for their fan base and make zero effort to connect. I'm aware of initiatives other similar clubs are involved in around the country that put the club to shame, even 15 miles east

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    The place is a disgrace and to shoot anyone down for saying it is hiding that issue in many ways. It is being fully accepted in many ways. Yes, there are other grounds in Scotland in a similar state, however a race to the bottom shouldn't even come into the thinking of anyone associated with QoS. Lead the way and sort it out........

Also, I'm in agreement with the previous post. I'd be all for fans maybe giving up a wee bit of time but the club show nothing but disdain for their fan base and make zero effort to connect. I'm aware of initiatives other similar clubs are involved in around the country that put the club to shame, even 15 miles east
    352 I get the work that Dan does with the initiatives that are done in the name of qos but unfortunately that isn’t connecting the support with the team. Dan is not the one that is going out on a Saturday afternoon trying to score goals or win games. Hence there is little return in terms of people coming through the gates. Maybe if there was regular visits by first team players at these initiatives where people actually get to know the players, then maybe then there will be a connection between the team and support. At the end of the day they are supposed to be full time with the club so maybe they should earn there money by representing the club. Who knows, the players may even enjoy it. Instead of this current atmosphere where imo some players think they are superstars and make no effort with the support and swan off home after a game and not seeing a fan until the following week

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)