+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Investigating Jodi Jones Behaviour at Mansfield

FA Investigating Jodi Jones Behaviour at Mansfield

This doesn't sound good...

"The Football Association (FA) has launched an investigation into allegations of lewd behaviour by Notts County winger Jodi Jones.

During a League Two match against Mansfield Town, Jones is accused of "gyrating" towards Mansfield Town supporters while holding his crotch as he left the pitch at half-time.

There is also footage of Jones appearing to expose his buttocks later in the match. The FA is now looking into the incident and Jones could face a charge for misconduct if it is deemed a disciplinary matter. It is alleged that Jones' actions took place in an area reserved for families, causing upset to many in the crowd, including parents and children.

The FA investigation comes after stewards were reportedly made aware of the incident on the day and CCTV footage was being reviewed..."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/02/08/fa-investigation-into-notts-county-player-gyrating-fans/

Not good at all if true probably reacting to stuff from the crowd.
    His Dad will get on at him.

Causing upset to the same fans who were no doubt ridiculing him etc. He shouldn't react but to suggest he upset fans is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Jones is accused of "gyrating" towards Mansfield Town supporters while holding his crotch as he left the pitch at half-time.
    There is also footage of Jones appearing to expose his buttocks later in the match.
    I've just finished watching a NBA game, where the 'Dance team' we're doing most of that at every time-out. So that's entertainment as part of the ticket price.
    Probably what offended the Mansfield fans is that he grabbed his crotch with four fingers and a thumb

Obviously pretty silly of Jodi to do this, and I can see a fine or suspension coming his way, but the faux outrage from Mansfield fans is silly too. Football fans spout obscenities all game long and then start to faint when someone reacts.

There's a thread on their message board all about it. I suspect most of them are kicking up a fuss just to get him suspended rather than out of a sense of moral outrage.

I’m more annoyed he reacted by blazing the ball over the bar rather than squaring it to Langstaff.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Obviously pretty silly of Jodi to do this, and I can see a fine or suspension coming his way, but the faux outrage from Mansfield fans is silly too. Football fans spout obscenities all game long and then start to faint when someone reacts.

There's a thread on their message board all about it. I suspect most of them are kicking up a fuss just to get him suspended rather than out of a sense of moral outrage.
    They are too thick to realise that if he is suspended we will be a weakened team for our visit to Wrexham. A game that they will want us to get something from.

He was very good in the first half last week, second half was very erratic. Dunno if what happened at ht had anything to do with it.

This is classic football fan behaviour - spend the game abusing a player, and then complain when he reacts to said abuse. What a bunch of muppets. Of course he shouldn’t react as a professional, but when you’ve just spent 45 minutes getting zero protection from the ref, you can understand his frustration.

The Stags fans I had the misfortune of walking past after the game really were a horrible lot - a chip on each shoulder, it seemed. I know the town’s a grim place, but it felt like going back in time 50 years.

Saw the footage of him showing his backside, he’s wiping grass off the top of it after being fouled, perhaps didn’t realise 😬
    He could be in trouble though if there’s evidence of the other incident.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast