+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Investigating Jodi Jones Behaviour at Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    This is classic football fan behaviour - spend the game abusing a player, and then complain when he reacts to said abuse. What a bunch of muppets. Of course he shouldn’t react as a professional, but when you’ve just spent 45 minutes getting zero protection from the ref, you can understand his frustration.

The Stags fans I had the misfortune of walking past after the game really were a horrible lot - a chip on each shoulder, it seemed. I know the town’s a grim place, but it felt like going back in time 50 years.
    I know. From my experience, Mansfield fans are some of the nastiest, both online and in/outside football grounds. One of the reasons I don't like going to Field Mill (alongside us always losing there). Lots of "but it was in front of women and children!" posts on their board, like their own fans have never acted inappropriately within earshot or site of kids.

I'm not condoning what Jones allegedly did, but their reaction is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Saw the footage of him showing his backside, he’s wiping grass off the top of it after being fouled, perhaps didn’t realise 😬
    He could be in trouble though if there’s evidence of the other incident.
    Apparently people who saw the footage have said the following:

"Gyrating is being generous" - as in hyperbole
    "He was stretching out a cramp"

I think they may have overegged the pudding with this one

I did see a screenshot from last week's game where he had his arse out so there's definitely something there.

A grown man exposing his arse where kids are present is never a great idea. Bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This doesn't sound good...

"The Football Association (FA) has launched an investigation into allegations of lewd behaviour by Notts County winger Jodi Jones.

During a League Two match against Mansfield Town, Jones is accused of "gyrating" towards Mansfield Town supporters while holding his crotch as he left the pitch at half-time.

There is also footage of Jones appearing to expose his buttocks later in the match. The FA is now looking into the incident and Jones could face a charge for misconduct if it is deemed a disciplinary matter. It is alleged that Jones' actions took place in an area reserved for families, causing upset to many in the crowd, including parents and children.

The FA investigation comes after stewards were reportedly made aware of the incident on the day and CCTV footage was being reviewed..."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/02/08/fa-investigation-into-notts-county-player-gyrating-fans/
    The Mansfield fans complaining about offended sensibilities is a bit like the Hillbillys in "Deliverance" scolding the Chef for too much seasoning in the chateaubriand.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I did see a screenshot from last week's game where he had his arse out so there's definitely something there.

A grown man exposing his arse where kids are present is never a great idea. Bit weird.
    It’s towards the Notts fans, not that that makes it better but seems to be genuinely trying to get grass out of his shorts, so either did it accidentally or as you say a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Saw the footage of him showing his backside, he’s wiping grass off the top of it after being fouled, perhaps didn’t realise 😬
    He could be in trouble though if there’s evidence of the other incident.

Not as bad as Stubbsy showing his to the ref or Worthington dropping his shorts to the opposition fans, the days when you could have a laugh but now it will upset the pathetic woke.

Absolutely
    Mind you this might have been a case for the suggested Blue card.

Quote Originally Posted by Piebald View Post
    Absolutely
    Mind you this might have been a case for the suggested Blue card.
    Except the ref didn't see it, if anything happened.

What a shame that Jodi winning player of the month on here has 2 replies, this has 17.

Stupid if he did it though. But then again, I guess by that comment soccerman would class me as woke.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Except the ref didn't see it, if anything happened.

What a shame that Jodi winning player of the month on here has 2 replies, this has 17.

Stupid if he did it though. But then again, I guess by that comment soccerman would class me as woke.
    You missed the obvious joke...

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Not as bad as Stubbsy showing his to the ref or Worthington dropping his shorts to the opposition fans, the days when you could have a laugh but now it will upset the pathetic woke.
    Never mind the pathetic woke it upset the ref too.
    Dismissed opening day fixture vs. Millwall '76-77.Lost 1-2.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast